Lifeboatman and the retards at nmc

So i call the Nmc I tell them I need them to tell me were i can take lifeboatman but not to direct me to the course search page on their webpage. I searched here and found out from a old forum post that they do not show all the schools. Right now it shows 2 schools in the whole USA.

The lady just rushed me off the phone. I live in pasadena Tx. I called the only one i knew Houston marine but they do not offer it. I could fly to mpt in FL but come on can someone throw out some schools that are in Louisiana or at least not 850 miles away lol

I don’t want you in a lifeboat with me and I don’t want you in the industry.

No.

http://www.mptusa.com/course/146-Proficiency-In-Survival-Craft-and-Rescue-Boats/-Lifeboatman-(PSCRB) FLORIDA

http://www.seaschool.com/registration_form.php?classID=160&courseID=67 Louisiana

http://www.fletcher.edu/assets/docs/Marine/Fletcher%20Marine%20Schedule%20July-December%202015.pdf Louisiana & Cheap

Took me 7 minutes on google to obtain !

[QUOTE=Menizzi;166384]… they do not show all the schools. Right now it shows 2 schools in the whole USA.

The lady just rushed me off the phone. I live in pasadena Tx. I called the only one i knew Houston marine but they do not offer it. I could fly to mpt in FL but come on can someone throw out some schools that are in Louisiana or at least not 850 miles away lol[/QUOTE]

There are very few “lifeboatman” courses. But,there are many “Proficiency in Survival Craft” courses that meet the requirements for Lifeboatman. I am sure you can find more than two on the NMC web page if you look under that course name.

Several years ago at the start of my maritime career I kept looking for a ‘specially trained ordinary seaman’ course. SIU didn’t have any regular ordinary seaman jobs available, only STOS, and their STOS class was available only via their year long program. I went to two REC to ask about the course which they new nothing about.

At that time I didn’t know enough to understand that STOS was a SIU term and that what I was looking for was RFPNW - lookout only. It took the good luck of having an acquaintance explain it to me and how to get it.

And so it goes in this industry (and many others) that our slang and terms of art are not uniform to our regulatory language.

Did you try google?

Try San jac

Thanks for the helpful replys. I did search this forum and google but in Google i searched for lifeboatman so maybe thats why i did not get any good hits. After reading alot on these forums and how people talk to each other i know not to post unless i have searched the forum and google. But don’t worry i don’t wear my feelings on my sleeve.

[QUOTE=Menizzi;166466]Thanks for the helpful replys. I did search this forum and google but in Google i searched for lifeboatman so maybe thats why i did not get any good hits. After reading alot on these forums and how people talk to each other i know not to post unless i have searched the forum and google. But don’t worry i don’t wear my feelings on my sleeve.[/QUOTE]

If you search for Proficiency In Survival Craft (PSC) courses, you will find many courses all over the U.S. Some of those courses are limited to liferafts, but most include both liferafts and lifeboats. There are more of these PSC courses in the Gulf than anywhere else: Sea School, Falck, Houston/Falck, Safety Management Systems, Young Memorial, Fletcher, and others.

Since you live in Pasadena, why not start by going over to talk to the folks at San Jac and Seaman’s Church Institute ? Petrofrac and Falck also run facilities in Texas.

MPT is a good school, but do not go there for PSC with Lifeboat. They bus their students to Tampa and back for the Lifeboat training. You would be better off to just take the course from the school in Tampa.

[QUOTE=MickAK;166385]I don’t want you in a lifeboat with me and I don’t want you in the industry.

No.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, I like the fact that we can ask a question here and Mr. Cavo will reply. So maybe you should think about that before you insult him and the NMC. It is no secret that the NMC has challenges, BUT, Right now, you look like the retard.

Boom, On point.

I did PSC at MPT sucked driving to Tampa, my mate is there now doing PSC. They now do it at the Star Center, so no more traveling in that bus to the Victory Ship .

Slight correction, the school you speak of is in St. Petersburg, Quality Maritime Training. The boat they use is part of SS American Victory, now a museum ship tied up in Tampa, behind the Florida Aquarium.

The Lifeboatman class takes a van from the school to Tampa, about a 20 minute drive.

MPT also uses the AmVic for the training. But it’s four hours each way from Ft. Lauderdale.

Mid-Atlantic holds their lifeboat class in Cape Charles, about 30 minutes away from the school.