L & M Botruc

You cease to amaze me with your pis poor attitude…

Buck up!! You can change your situation if you have the balls…

You have to humble yourself and demand at the same time.

It all comes down to “DESIRE”… If you want it bad enough… You WILL get it… Communication is the key… Now go turn that key!!!

FU!!!
This is a mariner forum!!! Not for fly boys… Go over there

I mean no personal bearing about this Mr. Godsdd44. But you appear to be angry about something that eludes the rest of us.

Sorry bout dat… Let’s keep it like dat…
What ya say?? Friends??

I don’t have a piss poor attitude just trying to let you know what happens in the GOM at some of the smaller companies. I had the balls and changed my situation. I work on top notch well maintained equipment now. Seriously man you don’t have a clue. No ones trying to beat you up. I think everyone should have to work on the old stuff to cut their teeth. That way they appreciate when they get in a good situation.

Well… There you go

I have never flown in a DC-3 but i have flown in a B-17 and a P-51 mustang. Very cool!

Flew in a king air from the arctic circle to anchorage and about blew chunks bouncing up and down in the turbulence, never in my life have I been so happy to kiss the ground.

I’ve flown in an Otter and a Beaver. I was a civil Air Patrol Cadet when I was a kid. On weekends we got to go flying with the adult memebers in the planes. That Beaver was louder than most engine rooms!

They are going to fucking eat you alive

Ya dude go in the office and tell them that, i dare you!!

We know who’s getting the first call to fill in…

Opportunity is not necessarily defined as $25 more a day. I’ve turned down more a day because the bullshit that comes with it just isn’t worth it right now. Opportunity can be defined as better work schedule, better equipment, chance to expand your experience and capabilities outside of just running mud and supplies by taking a DSV or Lightering job, or yes more money. For a long time the gap between what the lower companies and the upper companies payed their captains was around $100 a day, but with the recent gap widening to as much as $400 a day should cause a person to question where he is at. Nothing wrong with staying were you are at, but to use company loyalty as an excuse just comes off as naive to me.

They won’t be sending me that pink slip… Because I will earn their respect and you can take that to the bank!!!

I hope that never happens to you, but the reality is that when things slow down and boats get tied up whole crews get laid off regardless of how respected you are. Like I said this is business.
It’s all right you’re just starting out all ready to kick ass and chew bubble gum, we where all like that at one point. It’s just that time and experience has taught us what to expect.

they treat the people there as family.

God every time I hear this come out about a company I cant help but roll my eyes and shake my head. Am I the only one that feels that way?

By family he must mean the homeless uncle that no one brings up at thanksgiving

Seeing as you are neither, maybe you should just go away…

[QUOTE=godspd44;78037]FU!!!
This is a mariner forum!!! Not for fly boys… Go over there[/QUOTE]

The commercial merchant marine is totally unlike the military. This is a learning experience. Treat it as such. But DON’T think botruc is the be all end all.

HAHAHAHA. NOW I dont care who you are… That’s funny!

He’s gonna take a few on the chin but, he will figure it out.

He should try to go to ECO, Hornbeck or Crowley or some other top tier company if he can. He can get by at Bo-Truc if he has to, but that is scrapping the bottom of the barrel. Just about anything will be an improvement after that.

At his level, nobody in the office (except maybe a recruiter) is even going to give him a chance to speak, much less listen to anything he has to say.

This thread delivers.

I really don’t have much of a choice… It’s going to be my sponsor company through PMI.

If they’re good to me… I will be loyal to them… I just hope they give me that chance.