L & M Botruc

L & M Bo Truc (or many know them as Cheramie Bo-Truc) has been around awhile. They have just regular OSV’s. Pay is a little below industry standards. They have a few new builds and alot of old stuff. They have people that have been there for long periods of time. Most of the guys I know that work there are happy because they treat the people there as family.

Its been a very long time since I’ve been tied up alongside a Cheramie Bo-Truc boat. The crews use to be almost all locals from the bayou that preferred to speak French. Things have probably changed a lot since then, but if you are from Seattle or NY, you should be prepared for a bit of culture shock.

That’s quite a statement… But I assure you that I am a loyal employee where ever I work… And I will bust my ass!!!.. I’m not one of these company jumpers because ooooohhh!!!.. $25 a day more over there!!!
They won’t be sending me that pink slip… Because I will earn their respect and you can take that to the bank!!!
Good day to you sir!!

Boy are you in for a rude awakening. You just don’t know any better yet. As stated it will be a good learning experience.

Wow!! You have a “glass is half empty” attitude.
Sounds like you have been handed a few pink slips yourself;)
Nothing wrong with having a good attitude about a possible job opportunity… In fact… I recommend it!!
Now put a smile on that face there sport and smell the roses.

Ha ha! Wait til you see the boats.

What he said

I know all about boats in need of some TLC… I was in the USN on an old POS…

What ever boat I end up on…
I will be there to give her some TLC;)

And by the way… Have you ever worked on a POS before??
The way I look at it you’ve gotta start somewhere and usually that’s at the bottom… Do you agree?

You might be the rabbit… But the turtle wins the race.

What part of Houston are you from? I can be over there in about 10 minutes.

Worked at Turdwater for 11years I know all about POS’s. Nothing you worked on in the navy will prepare you for this.

I am mentally prepared for the worst… I realize I’m not going into some cushy situation… I’m going to look at it “glass half full”

Now take your doom and gloom shit somewhere else… Life is what you make it.

Unfortunately TLC can only be given with the right tools. You can only do so much with what they give you. Some companies watch the bottom dollar like a hawk and that’s why their boats look like shit.

It’s good that you have a positive attitude. No gloom and doom here just making sure you understand what you are getting into. You asked for a heads up.

Ask for it brother!! Kicking and screaming if you have to.
If you bitch about it over and over… It will come

Go into the office and have a sit down with the operations manager. Tell him what is lacking… If he is unresponsive… Recite the “MISSION STATEMENT”:wink:

Yeah that never works. Then he remembers you have diarrhea of the mouth next time layoffs happen.

[QUOTE=godspd44;78008]I know all about boats in need of some TLC… I was in the USN on an old POS…

What ever boat I end up on…
I will be there to give her some TLC;)[/QUOTE]

You can do a lot on an old boat, but you can’t do shit if mgmt won’t give you the tools you need. That is a general statement. I don’t know what a Bo-truc boat looks like from inside the bulwarks, and I don’t know anything about mgmt.

Maybe we should go back to talking about Dc3’s. and Yes I fly them,