John Konrad

May be this will lure Capt. John Konrad or at least his moderators .

Is their site malicious ?
Are they blocking IPs from some countries ?
Have no idea what happens.

Wtf

Well he seems to be off on a tangent involving the CIA, USAID, and the Yamashita’s gold legend, with Google blackmailing the NSA sprinkled in.

You’re just upset you aren’t getting a reach around.

I thought he said, about a year or so ago, that he has only, ever, banned one user permanently. I mean, there’s a couple that drive traffic away from the site, and they still openly exist.

I got my med cert in a week. Idk what woke leadership course I had to take to get my license. I also don’t know what IMO courses would take months for him to reactivate his license.

Can anyone fill me in on what I’m missing? I feel like his whole schtick is now just making things up for the sake of likes which is a shame. We’ve got him and Sal as likely our loudest voices and they both tend to embellish what’s actually happening in the industry.

I personally feel like if he keeps pumping out bullshit like this the narrative is going to change from “let fix the Jones Act” to “let’s just shut down the whole damn industry and outsource it”

Basic/advanced safety and PSC are the only STCW endorsements that time out without sea service.

Correct me if im wrong, but if you got your license prior to the leadership course being required, you wouldn’t need to take it to take a license out of continuity?

The course was “ehhh”, but it wasnt woke.

I had to listen to a retired captain yap about sea stories for a week. I think we pretended to do a crew eval. Would not call it woke, also would not call it affective. But if it keeps John Konrad on shore, I’d say effective enough.

Yeah I mean that’s every upgrade class at this point. They all blend into one.

From the link:

“Yemeni President: Any ship linked to the Zionist entity will not pass through the red sea no matter the cost.”


Thanks for pointing this rhetoric out from the Yemeni President. Hard to believe a US Democrat POTUS would remove such an organization from the designated terrorist list & not a signal Democrat in the United States would object. Well, actually, not that hard to believe. Kudos to any mariners, bloggers or politicians who call bullsh*t & support safe merchant shipping. If John Konrad is going to start making more Anti-Terrorist at sea posts we’re going to get more Pro-Terrorism at sea comments on gCaptain forum for sure.

Also what does Homeport being down have to do with anything?

I like John Konrad but sometimes you gotta call out bullshit, that isn’t “pro terrorism”.

You don’t know me.

Hey let’s try and keep the war mongering to a minimum on this thread, it wasn’t about the Yemeni president it was about the ridiculous comment from our fearless leader.

Got’cha, my bad. This is the designated thread for talking shit about John Konrad, not a thread about shit John Konrad is talking about.

John was talking about med certs, “woke” classes, and homeport. The name of the thread is “John Konrad”. I believe there is a thread about the houthis.

I know we’re mariners and not English majors, but to have a license you do need to be able to read and write in English. Try and use that skill in this and other threads. Thanks brotha

Dude, I said I get. I’m sorry. JK also was talking about the terrorists president of Yemen who attacks merchant ships & I didn’t know this thread was only for smack talking the guy who pays out of his own pocket to keep this forum up. Look, if it makes you feel any better, I think John Konrads aviator picture is dumb, he has a bad hair style & he probably can’t parallel park worth a dang. So there, I trashed talked John Konrad too, my error fixed, we should be good now.

Sounds like a bunch of BS from a snowflake like Johnny who is too afraid to go serve his country.

STCW Basic Training renewal requires training with ot r without sea service. If you have one year of sea service in the past five you can take a shorter Revalidation course, but you still need that course.

That’s not right. If you put your credentials into continuity and want to take them out, you need to do all that is required at the time to renew, plus any new requirements that went into effect while you were in continuity. That means a Chief Mate or Master who went to continuity without having taken the Leadership and Managerial Skills course has to take it to reactivate their STCW. You could take the national endorsement (license) out of continuity without it, but you cannot reactivate your STCW without it.

For OICNW, they would need to meet Leadership and Teamworking (not necessarily a course). OICEW would need ERM and Leadership and Teamworking, and Chief Engoneers and “Second Engineer Officers” need ERM <Leadership andManagerial Skills, and Management of Electrical and Electronic Control Equipment (“MEECE”).

I find it rather amazing that John is not keeping his Master Unlimited license current. The cost is trivial for a man of his accomplishments and earning ability.

gcaptain appears to run pretty well on autopilot. I seem to recall that John was still working on the rigs years ago while growing gcaptain.

If John is short of money, he has no shortage of seagoing and shoreside opportunities available to him with a Master Unlimited.

I wish him well.

Thank you. I love staying current, and I love when you correct me and expand my knowledge gap!

As in USCG US Flag ship inspectors assigned to FEACT or Activity Europe? Black not red diplomatic passports? Really, maybe so?