Is the first time tug job offer I received competitive (NY Harbor)?

Newly minted OS/Wiper & TWIC holder (Sept 2012), just received a job offer with a tug company in New York Harbor:

$200 per day
2 weeks on / 2 off
medical/dental/401(k) after 6 months

Can someone comment if this is competitive? Basic, fair-to-middlin’ or a lucky break for a greenhorn?

*travel not included but ground transportation once a week is from local NYC airports

Many thanks.

Good start man!!

no question just take it and do the best job you possibly can!

Agreed with the others take the job and be a knowledge sponge! Be safe out there.

Sure is a good start! Make sure you get your AB as soon as possible and you’re looking at over $300/day in NY Harbor. Good Luck!

$200 a day for a greenhorn deckhand?!?!?!?

WTF??

Yes take it and dont look back!

My two cents. Take it but be warned it’s hard work. Listen and be safe!

[QUOTE=Rebel_Rider1969;85118]My two cents. Take it but be warned it’s hard work. Listen and be safe![/QUOTE]

Chipping/painting, sanding, greasing, cleaning the head, doing dishes, cleating/uncleating large lines… what else can I expect not in the job description?

Many thanks.

That’s great starting pay. If I got a offer like that I would take that job Offer A.S.A.P no questions asked. Good luck.

Jump on it!

Did you take that job? Which company was it? I’m looking for a job in NY harbor…[QUOTE=Mullet Farm;85078]Newly minted OS/Wiper & TWIC holder (Sept 2012), just received a job offer with a tug company in New York Harbor:

$200 per day
2 weeks on / 2 off
medical/dental/401(k) after 6 months

Can someone comment if this is competitive? Basic, fair-to-middlin’ or a lucky break for a greenhorn?

*travel not included but ground transportation once a week is from local NYC airports

Many thanks.[/QUOTE]

Take it! Great way to start!

You guys do realize this thread is a year old?

As I recall, he was taking some classes in LA and in getting additional endorsements. He’s on a roll.

Hey OP, chime in and let us know what you are up to.

Good start, but if they think you aren’t working out to their expectations, you won’t be there long. Take ALL the above advice and keep your eyes and ears open, NEVER be the
Last guy out on deck, learn your job and do it the best you can. You should be fine.
Congratulations and keep us posted…just not TOO often.