Is everybody getting the same banner ad for underwear they can't get rid of?

I keep trying to opt out if it but it keeps returning! I know my skivvies are in need to being replaced but this is pissing me off.

to our gCaptain overlords, please do something about this

Ad Block is your friend

[QUOTE=catherder;160663]Ad Block is your friend[/QUOTE]

giving that a try…thanks Brunhilda

Haven’t noticed with gCaptain particularly, but a lot of sites I go to, the banner ads seem to have some relation to what I’ve recently searched for or websites I’ve recently visited. Have you been shopping for underwear recently? Or looking at Playgirl online? On gCaptain the only banner ads that I’ve noticed are the ones for MPT and the occasional Chevy ad.

[QUOTE=awulfclark;160681]Haven’t noticed with gCaptain particularly, but a lot of sites I go to, the banner ads seem to have some relation to what I’ve recently searched for or websites I’ve recently visited. Have you been shopping for underwear recently? Or looking at Playgirl online? On gCaptain the only banner ads that I’ve noticed are the ones for MPT and the occasional Chevy ad.[/QUOTE]

is that how they do it? clever bastards!

but why am I not getting Victoria’s Secret banner ads? I only wear high quality ladies lingerie.

Doncha think the stuff made for men is so tacky!

What the fuck…you and Google images are just wrong

[QUOTE=z-drive;160689]What the fuck…you and Google images are just wrong[/QUOTE]

fair enough…even I was questioning my own decision to post that one.

my apologies…if you want to send me a bill for the eye bleach I’ll gladly pay you back.

[QUOTE=c.captain;160679]giving that a try…thanks Brunhilda[/QUOTE]

Your welcome Bluto

[QUOTE=c.captain;160647]I keep trying to opt out if it but it keeps returning! I know my skivvies are in need to being replaced but this is pissing me off.

to our gCaptain overlords, please do something about this[/QUOTE]

That’s a network ad that targets using cookies - often reflective of past search history. Just sayin…

[QUOTE=Mikey;160787]That’s a network ad that targets using cookies - often reflective of past search history. Just sayin…[/QUOTE]

Totally sold himself out!

[QUOTE=snacktray;160793]Totally sold himself out![/QUOTE]

watch it or I might remember you for pointy stick treatment in the future.

and seriously. I DO NOT want to be tracked by online advertisers no matter where I might have been online previously. I DO NOT LIKE THIS SHIT ONE BIT!

• Updated - - -

[QUOTE=Mikey;160787]That’s a network ad that targets using cookies - often reflective of past search history. Just sayin…[/QUOTE]

well do something about that…tell these cretins to stop following me! You allow them to put up their ads on your site…correct?

[QUOTE=c.captain;160682]is that how they do it? clever bastards!

but why am I not getting Victoria’s Secret banner ads? I only wear high quality ladies lingerie.

Doncha think the stuff made for men is so tacky!

.[/QUOTE]

That’s funny, I figured you would be complaining about all the banner ads from www.nambla.org. or www.gothgirlsxxx.com:cool:

Just admit you were lookin for new tighty whities. Geez

That’s how all Internet advertising works nowadays. It is what it is. There’s no expectation of privacy on the Internet. The only thing you can do is delete your temporary Internet files.

[QUOTE=c.captain;160794]watch it or I might remember you for pointy stick treatment in the future.
and seriously. I DO NOT want to be tracked by online advertisers no matter where I might have been online previously. I DO NOT LIKE THIS SHIT ONE BIT!

well do something about that…tell these cretins to stop following me! You allow them to put up their ads on your site…correct?[/QUOTE]

How do you think GCaptain makes any money? You’re certainly not paying them to read and post stuff. They survive on ads. No ads, no money for GCaptain, GCaptain disappears. Is that what you want?

[QUOTE=JohnG;160814]How do you think GCaptain makes any money? You’re certainly not paying them to read and post stuff. They survive on ads. No ads, no money for GCaptain, GCaptain disappears. Is that what you want?[/QUOTE]

I am all for maritime related advertising but not from these webad companies that intrusively use my browsing history to post banner ads for me.

btw, I hate tightie whities. I am a boxer brief man…

Fruit of the Loom to be precise

who here remembers when F. Murray Abraham was one of the grapes (can’t remember if it was the green or purple tho)?

I see no ads and I have been shoe shopping. Again what browser? I’m telling you, download an ad blocker plugin. I also disabled video autorun so I don’t get those annoying videos in the middle of an article I’m trying to read.