Is CO2 a future shipping commodity?

Offshore storage of CO2 will need transport facilities. Several such projects are under planning or even development, incl. in Denmark:

Since nobody else has posted in this thread it should be OK to revive it with the latest development on the subject:

PS> This is not the last we will hear about CO2 capture and shipment.

I remember that FiFi CO2 kept in tanks were a problem when laying up PCTCs as they required, if not continues than more frequent power supply than required for dehumidifiers to be available.

Can’t remember the details now, but it was solved by having a small portable generator dedicated for the purpose.

I’m sure someone here can refresh my memory about the FiFi system on PCTCs.(??)

Northern Light project is moving ahead on all fronts despite high cost an a lot of criticism by the “everything is negative”-part of the population. (incl some on this forum):

I was chatting to an OnG guy here in Singapore working on something with the Sing gov, the major problem is Co2 has no value.
The project was injecting into wells but you need to drill new ones to handle the issues so big cost.

See my comment in post #4.

There happen to be a lot of depleted oil and gas fields around that already have wells drilled (and plugged)

Yes but they cant be used for this so my buddy tells me, lots of issues, I guess they have already tried?.
You need a whole new well and then the reservoir needs to support liquid C02, plus all the gear that sits on top of that.
Then who is paying when its just an overhead?

They’re working on it …

Lots of nice drawings to make greenies happy but as explained to me by a company tasked to do it, its not simple and may not ever happen

“We do it not because it is easy, but because it is( necessary)”:

1 Like

All the carbon in the ground was in the atmosphere before right?

Found out a couple of small projects in the USA, new wells drilled on the land, they are getting a $45 / tonne tax credit for it
40 year guarantee nothing goes wrong, being monitored by the EPA
Hard to find a well due to regulations of about how far from earthquake zones and fracking.

Part of the Northern Light Project:

Catching the carbon at a cement plant and incinerator in the Oslofjord area, ships to carry it, the processing plant in Mongstad, Western Norway and the pipeline to bring it offshore for injection is in progress. (See post ÂŁ12 above]

1 Like

Japan is aiming for a new future for it’s shipbuilding industry.
CO2 to the rescue: