International Maritime Academies

We are interested in supporting cadets from around the world. If you attend an academy outside of the United States and would like your own section of this site please PM me or reply to this post.

Requirements:

1. You must elect a moderator.
  2. The school must have at least 10 registered gCaptain forum members currently attending.

[QUOTE=john;7354]We are interested in supporting cadets from around the world. If you attend an academy outside of the United States and would like your own section of this site please PM me or reply to this post.

Requirements:

1. You must elect a moderator.
  2. The school must have at least 10 registered gCaptain forum members currently attending.[/QUOTE]
    My name is Jorge López, and actually I just have obtain the “[I]Diploma[/I]” degree in “[I]E.T.S. de Náutica y Máquinas[/I]” sited in [I]La Coruña[/I] (Spain). I have intention to carry out the training period sailing aboard a foreign vessel to improve my english-spoken level and obtain the official class.
    Will i have any oportunity to undertake this period in Northamerican companies?

I worked as second engineer Turkish Cargo Lines between 1984-1988. I have my MMDC as [junior engineer,refrigeration engineer] with TWIC card.Both expires 2013.Also I don’t have my STCW 95 endorsement.

I am a Cadet Bangladesh Marine Fisheries Academy (www.en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bangladesh_Marine_Fisheries_Academy) I want a special page for my academy so that the exisiting cadets as well as excadets can communicate with each other through gCaptain.

I hope our cadets is going to see that page in gCaptain very soon.

With Regards
Cadet Joynal
Cadet No-1241
Nautical Branch
BMFA

Caribbean Maritime Institute, Deck Cadet Would love a spot on G-Captain

[QUOTE=Ferrol;22598]My name is Jorge López, and actually I just have obtain the “[I]Diploma[/I]” degree in “[I]E.T.S. de Náutica y Máquinas[/I]” sited in [I]La Coruña[/I] (Spain). I have intention to carry out the training period sailing aboard a foreign vessel to improve my english-spoken level and obtain the official class.
Will i have any oportunity to undertake this period in Northamerican companies?[/QUOTE]

Sorry, you must be an American citizen to sail as an officer in the US Merchant Marine. Not sure about Canada. And in Mexico you must be a Mexican citizen by birth to fill any position in the Mexican Merchant Marine.