Deck Cadet job placement

Hi, I am a Cadet from Bangladesh. I am going to passed out from Bangladesh Marine Fisheries Academy (www.en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bangladesh_Marine_Fisheries_Academy) at the end of this year. I will be awarded B Sc(pass) in Nautical Science degree.

1.Could it be possible for me to join in any foreign going merchant vessel in any reputed maritime company?
2. Could you kindly give me any suggesion what should I do after passing out?
3. Is there any scope of higher study?

I am eagerly waiting to hear from you as early as possible in details.

Look into suny maritimes program. They had Turkish students doing a abroad study program when I was there. Hope that helps a Lil bit.

I have already completed my graduation. So I want to join in any reputed company within sort time. Sunny Maritime will be lengthy process.

Is there any shortcut program (Duration about six months) though which I can join in any merchant vessel after completing that training. As for example, Wavelink Maritime International, have a Deck Cadet Programme Leading COC3 for only six months.

[QUOTE=jaman1241;29136]I have already completed my graduation. So I want to join in any reputed company within sort time. Sunny Maritime will be lengthy process.

Is there any shortcut program (Duration about six months) though which I can join in any merchant vessel after completing that training. As for example, Wavelink Maritime International, have a Deck Cadet Programme Leading COC3 for only six months.[/QUOTE]

None that I’ve ever heard of unfortunately. I’m at Texas Maritime Academy and we currently have a couple of cadets from Iraq who are experiencing difficulty participating in the training cruise because they don’t have U.S. visas. Unfortunately I think you’re going to have difficulty obtaining any USCG credentials without U.S. citizenship or attending a maritime academy. Perhaps speaking to crewing agencies in Bangladesh will be able to better inform you of the path you will need to take.

I do not know about other countries, but shipping out here in the United States has a host of laws/ regulations that must be followed.

Without getting into too much detail, the first rule is that a seaman MUST be either a US citizen, or have a valid ‘Green Card’.

I understand that you are graduating soon, and want to ship out. But on U.S. Vessels that will be just about impossible.

You could ship out on ‘foreign flag’ (flag of convenience) ships, But that would depend on who actually crews the ships up, and what nationality the ships are.