Info on towing

Can anyone point me in the right direction. I’m looking for info on towing a passenger catamaran from Honolulu to Los Angeles/Long Beach. The vessel is registered at 84.2 x 27.4 x 12.1 and is 243 Gross ITC. Does anyone have any contact info in either Honolulu or California? Does anyone know the approx cost? Might be towing 2 of them. I have more information if needed. Thanks.

[QUOTE=MFOWelectrician;128562]Can anyone point me in the right direction. I’m looking for info on towing a passenger catamaran from Honolulu to Los Angeles/Long Beach. The vessel is registered at 84.2 x 27.4 x 12.1 and is 243 Gross ITC. Does anyone have any contact info in either Honolulu or California? Does anyone know the approx cost? Might be towing 2 of them. I have more information if needed. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

I would contact Sause Bros. I know they do a lot of towing between the islands and the mainland.

Towing might be a bit difficult for those small vessels, especially a possible tandem tow. Consideration might be given to loading them aboard a deck barge and have the barge towed.

Contact American Marine. They have the 100’ utility vessel AMERICAN ISLANDER currently in Honolulu which could do the tow for you economically. They have the boat for sale and might want to get it to the West Coast from the Islands.

It this comes together, let me know so I can get a few $$$ from them. Mahalo!

you would be better off craning it onto one of northlands barges bi-weekly service Hawaii to Seattle

Thanks. Will check into that.

American Marine is more then capable of towing for you. Although as stated above the American Islander is already in Los Angeles but they have two other tugs, the American Emerald and the American Contender are stationed at there Honolulu outfit and can probably offer a fair price to tow towards their Los Angeles yard in the Port of LA. Contact Richard or Megan for a quote.

Try Jerry White at Oregon Offshore Towing.

[QUOTE=c.captain;128573]Contact American Marine. They have the 100’ utility vessel AMERICAN ISLANDER currently in Honolulu which could do the tow for you economically. They have the boat for sale and might want to get it to the West Coast from the Islands.

It this comes together, let me know so I can get a few $$$ from them. Mahalo![/QUOTE]
That looks like a old gulf utility vessel, would you need a MOT to operate it?

[QUOTE=Dawn patrol;128727]That looks like a old gulf utility vessel, would you need a MOT to operate it?[/QUOTE]

Well if you’re gunna tow with it… What do you think? However, if it’s not towing, then no.