Hornbeck rumor

They are gonna wait to jump into LNG from what I hear. They want to see how it plays out… Ahem elsewhere

This may seem like a dumb question but in such a wide and varied industry I feel I must ask, jump into LNG how exactly?

Build duel fuel OSVs like Harvey. But I think they are gonna play more wait and see.

[QUOTE=c.captain;124413]apparently, Technip has the IRON HORSE on charter for two years with an option to buy her at the end of that term[/QUOTE]

I may have to ask around about this. I know the Global Orion relieved the Iron Horse on a job a few months back. If they do buy expect the Iron Horse to reflag foreign. Currently the Global Orion is scheduled for ROV work, while the Global 1200 is on a flotel job. Global Pioneer is cold stacked now.

That’s just it. They are already foreign flagged. That’s the issue with them.

I don’t see how that’s an “issue” though. Build the T24s or T26s, load the T22s with foreign guys and keep making money.
The companies know they need “runner” boats when they hire the T22s and that doesn’t seem to be a problem.

Oh ya, love the 22’s with those guys… I have no idea what your talking about.

How are they the only two foreign flag boats in the gulf having problems getting things to the beach?

T22 is the Iron Horse and Achiever’s class. T24 and T26 are the same designs but bigger.

I was told last year that Technip was very interested in Hornbeck building the T-24’s or T-26’s. They love those vessels and their capabilities. That was straight from the MPSV fleet operations manager.

[QUOTE=rjbpilot;124479]I was told last year that Technip was very interested in Hornbeck building the T-24’s or T-26’s. They love those vessels and their capabilities. That was straight from the MPSV fleet operations manager.[/QUOTE]

sounds good to me as long as they build in the USA this time

I hear Alabama will be where they’re built.

^^^^^ on the subject of building in Alabama, has BAE started the MPSV for Oceaneering?

[ATTACH]3780[/ATTACH]

HOS Achiever in Port Arthur undergoing major mob-up for floatel work with Chevron. HOS paint scheme and living quarters with separate messdeck on back deck for 120 people for total of 270+. Big contract with more lining up.

Yes. Check out the latest Workboat magazine
http://www.workboat.com/newsdetail.aspx?id=22497

[QUOTE=salt’n steel;124645]HOS Achiever in Port Arthur undergoing major mob-up for floatel work with Chevron. HOS paint scheme and living quarters with separate messdeck on back deck for 120 people for total of 270+. Big contract with more lining up.[/QUOTE]

I wonder how that works with CBP with the flotel being foreign flagged? Do they always have to file with ICE when the people come and go from the vessel?

• Updated - - -

[QUOTE=salt’n steel;124569]^^^^^ on the subject of building in Alabama, has BAE started the MPSV for Oceaneering?[/QUOTE]

was just in Mobile and there appeared to be a large stern section of a vessel on the blocks. If it is the Oceaneering vessel then Alabama Drydock works fast!

Oceaneering’s first new one will be delivered in 2016. THERE WILL BE MORE OF THEM!

What were you doing in God’s country?

1 Like

[QUOTE=“rjbpilot;124665”]Oceaneering’s first new one will be delivered in 2016. THERE WILL BE MORE OF THEM![/QUOTE]

You switching to Black and Yellow??

good company to start working for right now?