Hornbeck rumor

[QUOTE=skycowboy;54656]Last Chinese girl I dated gave me lead poisoning[/QUOTE]

I’m fairly certain I don’t want to know the details on how she accomplished that… There are numerous mental pictures I could go my whole life without having.

[QUOTE=NAUTICART;54281][B]Got the following along with 7 employee (crew) reviews of company from [B]Glassdoor.com[/B] This site also has several other maritime companies/reviews/salaries… [/B]

[B] Well, Several other companies are listed now… Ingram Barge, Crowley, Hanjin, Maersk, Liberty, Maritime Mngnt. Services…

Most of the comments, reviews, salaries are from office personnel, but still they are adding more each day. You can also just pick updates from maritime companies, so it’s easier to navigate. There is now 7 reviews for Hornbeck, including crew reviews. [/B]

I like the review for one particular company.

“THE ARMPIT OF EAST COAST TOWING”

[QUOTE=KennyW1983;55955]I like the review for one particular company.

“THE ARMPIT OF EAST COAST TOWING”[/QUOTE]

yeah, that one cracked me up too…

This thread is over two years old now but since I, myself, would like to vet a Hornbeck rumor I didn’t think it was necessary to start another thread of the same name. I heard last week that Hornbeck just canceled a whole slew of new-build orders and I would like to know if anyone else on here knows anything more about that. Given all the supposedly good things that are going on in the gulf right now I was shocked to hear that they would cancel a whole bunch of new equipment and I couldn’t help but wonder if there were bigger things at work down in the gulf that I was not aware of. Hopefully this rumor is not true but if it is I would certainly like to know more.

remember that HOS is a publicly traded company and any news that affects the shareholders needs to be announced and reported. I would think any such decision to cancel orders for newbuilds would qualify for such disclosure.

While there are bigger things getting ready to be announced, I haven’t heard anything about canceling new builds. Maybe something got confused with them not exercising their additional options.

Now I did hear a $100 raise across the board in January.

Well I know I heard right from the person who said it, they did say that Hornbeck was canceling new builds, but that doesn’t mean that they were correct when they said it. This person has only been involved in containers for the last 20 years so they’re not exactly a reliable source. I just assumed they had read it on gCaptain or MarineLink or something like that but I couldn’t find it anywhere, which is why I came to you fine gentlemen. If none of you have heard of them canceling new builds then I would assume that they have not done so.

My chief concern was that this portended some sort of negative trend for the industry but nothing else that I have seen points to that so I am just going to continue on being happy with all the good things that have happened of late. :smiley:

[QUOTE=PaddyWest2012;124337]My chief concern was that this portended some sort of negative trend for the industry but nothing else that I have seen points to that so I am just going to continue on being happy with all the good things that have happened of late.[/QUOTE]

Don’t think there is any downside to the industry in the GoM as has been evidenced in several articles I have posted here. The Gulf is the premier offshore province in the world for all the big players so as long as big discoveries are made, the money for exploration will flow and of course, putting in production is huge too so either way, I believe we are all in for a very long ride.

One thing which I see is the older smaller boats in the fleets of the big operators will ultimately go away but there should be much more new construction of OSVs to offset any job losses due to culling of the old shyte.

I was reading through Professional Mariner yesterday and found this

“One indication that the spate of orders for traditional supply vessels may be slowing came from Todd M. Hornbeck, chairman, president and CEO of Hornbeck Offshore Services, who told analysts in August that his company would build 20 new OSVs and four MPSVs as part of its current fleet expansion [B]but added that it had let all 44 of its remaining options for new OSVs expire[/B].”

http://www.professionalmariner.com/American-Ship-Review-2014/Entering-a-new-age-of-shipping/index.php?cparticle=2&siarticle=1#artanc

So they are still building a bunch they just decided not to exercise the deal on 44 more vessels of the 310& 320 class. Im sure more are coming with the current boom, and hopefully some more sub sea construction vessels will be ordered next year.

[QUOTE=“PaddyWest2012;124337”]Well I know I heard right from the person who said it, they did say that Hornbeck was canceling new builds…[/QUOTE]

Don’t take it personal, I never said it was you that heard wrong. My point was the person that told you sounds like he got confused about letting new build options expire, vs canceling a new build program.

As of now, HOS has 4 MPSV options they can exercise with “big news” coming down the pipe. I would be pretty shocked if they don’t build the other 4, but only time will tell.

Sorry, I didn’t mean that to sound like I took offense. I would believe you before I believed this other person. He can be kind of a Debby-downer…

HOS had not canceled any newbuilds that I know of. The company’s main concern at this point like other operators is hiring the qualified crew to run them. Last I heard it was four HOSMax 300 class, six HOSMax 310 class, four 310’ MPSV’s and the ten HOSMax 320 class.

This info is correct. They let options expire because they have something coming down the pipe. More MPSVs are expected thus the Hornbeck unlimited hiring boom to fill all these new boats especially the new MPSVs.

I feel they are gonna dump the golden pony and overachiever to be Murcia’ only once they take delivery of the new builds but what do I know?

Lol no chance. At least not anytime soon. They have foreign flagged OSVs as well, so why dump the MPSVs? They just did a $22million conversion on one to make a flotel (paid for by the customer) and they’re getting a six figure day rate… Who would want to sell them getting that kind of money???

If bet money they sell one of them, or maybe the strongline, or centerline, or both.

[QUOTE=“seadonkey;124361”]If bet money they sell one of them, or maybe the strongline, or centerline, or both.[/QUOTE]

They’re all working, why would you think that?

The only limitation I can think of is their flags don’t allow them to transport cargo from a dock to offshore.

apparently, Technip has the IRON HORSE on charter for two years with an option to buy her at the end of that term

It’s not matter of working. I have heard that their are I issues getting things ashore. A couple years ago they had to bring the strongline out to take something off of iron horse, just so it could go to the beach. The issue was with the flag of the vessel. I’m sure the big announcement is they are going to build a couple LNG powered boats.