Harley Marine buys Hornbeck, lock, stock & barrel

Just heard from an employee at Hornbeck that the company was bought by Harley Marine. Still trying to confirm the news from a second source at Hornbeck.

Anyone heard the same?

This would be Hornbecks tug and oil barge division correct?

That’s the only possible situation. It was a matter of time until someone bought that division, and I’d rather see Harley than Kirby. Now they just need to drop some pins in those rigs to compete.

Hornbeck has been dangling the Harley rumor over our head for 2 months now. We were told its a matter of “when” and not “if” the tugs/barges got sold. It’s funny that we see it on gcaptain first before an email from the office.

They have at least two contracts that are up in the begining of July with a tug and barge and there is a lot talk that Hornbeck will not be coming back to do the job.

This happened a year ago and two months before the contract we knew that they had the contract again.

Good God. This is GREAT news. Finally an acquisition NOT involving the Letter K.

Yea we’ve been told for 3 weekd the HOS Explorer is sold by everyone but the office. We’re still offshore so can’t be to sold.

Lookout, was your source from Hornbecks office or one of the gossip girls on the boats?

[QUOTE=cappy208;113728]Good God. This is GREAT news. Finally an acquisition NOT involving the Letter K.[/QUOTE]

at least not until Kirby buys out Harley Marine

[QUOTE=redwood;113731]Lookout, was your source from Hornbecks office or one of the gossip girls on the boats?[/QUOTE]

The first source was from a boat. However, a source from the office said it’s only a rumor and there has NOT been any official news issued out of Covington. It was revealed the two-sides have spoken but only preliminary.

Apparently, I published a rumor. My apologies to the gCaptain nation.

[QUOTE=Lookout;113769]The first source was from a boat. However, a source from the office said it’s only a rumor and there has NOT been any official news issued out of Covington. It was revealed the two-sides have spoken but only preliminary.

Apparently, I published a rumor. My apologies to the gCaptain nation.[/QUOTE]

WHAT? You mean there are rumors and false statement’s being spread on the internet, this just can’t be??? I am at a loss for words!!!

[QUOTE=ChiefRob;113770]WHAT? You mean there are rumors and false statement’s being spread on the internet, this just can’t be??? I am at a loss for words!!![/QUOTE]

“They can’t put anything on the internet that isn’t true.”

“Where did you hear that?”

“The internet.”

I just heard the Kirby bought the Hornbeck tug and barge fleet.

[QUOTE=“NYBoatman;113839”]I just heard the Kirby bought the Hornbeck tug and barge fleet.[/QUOTE]

Dang! K-Sea, Penn, and now Hornbeck…?? Day rates are gonna drop fo sho!

No, no, no… Harvey Gulf wanted to merge with HOS, so Hornbeck gave them the tug fleet.

[QUOTE=“cappy208;113728”]Good God. This is GREAT news. Finally an acquisition NOT involving the Letter K.[/QUOTE]

You didn’t know? kHarley Marine has a silent k in front of their name…