Holland is really awesome

Or greasy.

This thread has taken an interesting turn & Holland really must be awesome depending on your definition of awesome. It doesn’t get anymore “First World Problem” than having an emotional deficiency that needs to be remedied by hugging cows, horses, goats or dogs. Many people on the globe would be happy to hug these animals too except they would only do it long enough to have someone else slice open the carotid artery to bleed out the animal for butchering. IMO, having the need to hug these animals does show something is missing elsewhere in the psyche but it sure beats malnutrition so Holland definitely wins. Nothing against those who do but I’m happy I’m not in an emotional state where I need to volunteer or pay someone to hug their farm animals.

Well, your liberal bleeding heart just took all the fun out of this discussion. :smiley:

1 Like

Don’t get me wrong, Holland is still awesome with its cow hugging but I prefer the American way of lighting the burdens given to us by our cruel reality. Lots of drugs, alcohol, overeating & easily prescribed pharmaceuticals!

2 Likes

You forgot about; and blame it on somebody else.

1 Like

We should not place too much value on a couple of hundred, probably even less, of cow huggers and then typecast an entire population to that image. It is no more then a wellness exercise for a happy few of which there are many kinds. I see it as the result of a welfare society who is past financial worries and are looking for new thrills and experiences. Result of boredom perhaps?

1 Like

It’s like hugging trees, most people struggling to survive and feed their families don’t have the time for it.

2 Likes