Helix Energy Services

hello all:

I’m off to try out a 6 week gig as senior DPO/OOW onboard Helix’s new pipelaying vessel Caesar; departing in 2 days.

Like you, I have heard various reports from this operation so it promises to be eye opening in any regard, for better or worse!

Vessel has internet, so although I will be away from wife Agnes & my 3 kiddos, you lucky bastards will still get to hear from me day after day after day…

more soon!

richard

Good luck. Got a good Capt. there, if he’s still on, Russian dude.
Keep us posted.

[quote=richard8000milesaway;27995]hello all:

I’m off to try out a 6 week gig as senior DPO/OOW onboard Helix’s new pipelaying vessel Caesar; departing in 2 days.

Like you, I have heard various reports from this operation so it promises to be eye opening in any regard, for better or worse!

Vessel has internet, so although I will be away from wife Agnes & my 3 kiddos, you lucky bastards will still get to hear from me day after day after day…

more soon!

richard[/quote]

Best of luck to you Richard, keep the wind at your back… and return home safe and sound…

Best of luck Richard and remember even in the worst of times, just think of boobs, it’s sure to give you a smile…:smiley:

[QUOTE=richard8000milesaway;27995]hello all:

more soon!

richard[/QUOTE]

Hopefully, it is not as bad as I heard.

"you lucky bastards will still get to hear from me day after day after day…

I’m not sure if “lucky” is the word I would have picked!:smiley:

Just kidding:)

Congratulations- and stay safe-Anthony

Ceasar just passed in Galveston harbor. Pretty big vessel, real cluttered, and a very small bow compare to the size. I hope is better that what I hear Richard.

Not a good sign with tugs in tow from Houston ship channel.

life aboard Caesar (Helix’s new pipelay vessel) goes well for me, the stories we have all heard seem to be mostly from disgruntled previous employees. a long shipyard can do that to anyone.
busy here in the yard preparing for our first pipe lay job. busy days.
vessel is roomy, clean, has good stability (2.4 meters GM by my calculations), air con, internet, killer food, good spirit, she sat on DP like a charm the other day offshore, and hopefully a solid future. besides that they are paying us well. 70 odd onboard now, once working we’ll have over 200.
all is good. sea stories later. I’m beat.
bye.

I’m glad Richard. I hope it works out well.