Haws Pipe a Viable Option?

[QUOTE=Jason Z;149170]That’s fine, sounds like my skills will be transferable then. However will I spend more time rigging lines, watching the master maneuver the boat, practicing maneuverig, dealing with different navigational situations, ect.?[/QUOTE]

You’ll get most of that too. I wouldn’t ask nor expect any stick time though. Get on the right boat with the right crew and bust your ass and some guys will teach you.

It goes both ways. The senior guys see you working hard and going the extra mile they’ll return the favor. Just gotta get on the right boat.

Yeah I think that’s how it is with my most jobs on the water. Just got to keep your nose down and prove yourself before your earn respect. I have no problem busting my ass

The hawespipe is a lot less viable than it use to be. It can still be done, its just a lot more expensive, time consuming, and difficult than it use to be, especially if you don’t have an employer sending you to all the required courses. The license system is really geared up for the academies now.