Have a mate pilot of towing western rivers and inland nobody to train me though

Im at a company now that i switched to back in August and they promised me the world and hasn’t delivered. I haven’t got to touch the sticks since iv been here any companies willing to train a mate for a month or two?

[QUOTE=tjgivens;185428]Im at a company now that i switched to back in August and they promised me the world and hasn’t delivered. I haven’t got to touch the sticks since iv been here any companies willing to train a mate for a month or two?[/QUOTE]

Just curious,
How did you get mate of towing without any training?

Highly unlikely.

Think your just gonna have to ride out that deckhand gig for a while and be thankful for it, because right now a lot of people would love to take that spot away from you, trust me.

Well i got everything signed off by my last captain at my old company did everything on it just needed a couple more months steering but i was doing it all on my off watch. They sold out told the new company that i was just about ready and they told me to come here for 90 days get a great evaluation and they put me in the wheelhouse till i was ready to get cut loose i did all that then they told me that they didn’t have a spot for me. Now here i am 8 months later and still on the deck and still haven’t steered any and of course i cant get a straight answer from anyone in the office. Heck idk if i even remember the stuff i was taught i could send off for my master’s in a month. Idk just really getting tired of the same old run around boughtto just give up on it.

It’s a downturn everyone feels in one way or another, keep your deckhand job but keep trying to get your steering time. Try different contacts in the office maybe than whoever you’re talking to now? Maybe ask to get on a boat where you can get some TRAINING, not a mates job–since you HAVE a license. No harm in applying around but be grateful for a job.