Any Companies Training Tug Mates?

Hello all ! Can anyone point me in the direction of any tug companies currently training mates? I hold an MMC with 200t mate and apprentice mate(steersman) endorsements and a completed TOAR.

If you dont have the Mate of Towing on your license you wont get hired as a mate.

Thats why I’m looking for a training postition, to get the towing endorsement

[QUOTE=txtimbre;117024]Thats why I’m looking for a training postition, to get the towing endorsement[/QUOTE]

Get an AB spot and tell the office you would like to get some training and hope they are ok with it.

Oh i miss read your post. Your best bet is doing what bayrunner just posted. No one hires apprentice mates anymore.

catch is Coast Guard won’t apply AB time to upgrade, you must be in an “Apprentice Mate(steersman)” position, basicly a training mate. I HAVE been working as a AB and have a completed TOAR, but the company I work for won’t issue a letter stating I’ve been in a training mates position while I’ve been an AB.

Upgrade to 500 mate and then you will get your mate of towing for having a completed toar.

[QUOTE=Traitor Yankee;117035]Upgrade to 500 mate and then you will get your mate of towing for having a completed toar.[/QUOTE]

Pretty much the only way to do it unless someone is going to pay you just to train as an extra guy, no way such a thing really exists in my neck of the woods.

I have a guy that currently has his mate of 200 any vessel and steersman of towing vessel. So the question is, can he apply his seatime as steersman of towing vessel to the 200 gt mate also to upgrade to master and mate of towing vessel?

Would that work with a 500 Ton master inland license too?

If you have a 500 ton master with a completed TOAR and I think that with 30 days in a Towing Vessel you will get a Master of Towing.

My question is, that 30 days is after you completed the TOAR? Because I think that if you have the 30 days before that completed TOAR you can use that time.

We hire training mates they sail as AB/Training Mate. PM for details