Has anyone heard of Int'l. Brothers?

To all the members of gCaptain, thank you.
I have been reading alot of the postings and believe me it has been helpful. I was at a Worksource office today, thinking that I would meet with an MSC recruiter for an interview (that’s what I was told when the appointment was set). But it turns out that it was the recruiter for a company called “International Brothers”. Supposedly they operate out of Miami, FL and have 53 ships, I haven’t found any information about this company. I’ve searched here and on Google and YP.com and I’ve come up with nothing. Their thing was that they wanted personnel both qualified and not, for a ship scheduled for departure in March. They would pay for training for the non-qual’s in exchange for a 2 year commitment and 5% of something (She couldn’t explain). Anyway, does anyone know anything about this International Brothers? She did say that they have some ships in Nigeria. (She didn’t volunteer that, I asked).
I doubt I would sign up with them, but I’m still curious.
Thanks.

[QUOTE=Piahipete;94640]To all the members of gCaptain, thank you.
I have been reading alot of the postings and believe me it has been helpful. I was at a Worksource office today, thinking that I would meet with an MSC recruiter for an interview (that’s what I was told when the appointment was set). But it turns out that it was the recruiter for a company called “International Brothers”. Supposedly they operate out of Miami, FL and have 53 ships, I haven’t found any information about this company. I’ve searched here and on Google and YP.com and I’ve come up with nothing. Their thing was that they wanted personnel both qualified and not, for a ship scheduled for departure in March. They would pay for training for the non-qual’s in exchange for a 2 year commitment and 5% of something (She couldn’t explain). Anyway, does anyone know anything about this International Brothers? She did say that they have some ships in Nigeria. (She didn’t volunteer that, I asked).
I doubt I would sign up with them, but I’m still curious.
Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like a recruiting scam. They probably will ask you for some money, and then that will be the end of that. International Brothers is a Band that was started by Ebenezer Obey (Nigerian) in Nigeria in 1964. I work in Nigeria, and I have never heard of any vessels from this company.

Thank you, PDCMate, that’s kind of what I was thinking too.

So…After that meeting in mid-January, when the “recruiter” for Int’l. Brothers offered to pay for the training for those interested to get training at a local maritime school, I signed up for the class, (on my own). Out of the 12 guys in the class, there was none, zero, not one, paid for, nor as part of, Int’l. Brothers.
I have since graduated, this past Friday, (Class of February 2013) :smiley: Now it’s just a matter of waiting for all of my doc’s to start applying for a job in this new career I’ve chosen.
Thanks to all for the postings, again, all of this information has been very useful in helping me make the correct decision.
Piahipete