Happy Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving to all that are away from Home Working to keep this Country Running. We all know that the Average Citizen has no idea what the U.S. Merchant Marine is but if not for the sacrifices of all that sail our world would be a very different place.

My Last Company had about the best way of splitting up the Holidays. If your crew worked Thanksgiving, you were then off for both Christmas and New Years. I hated when companies spilt Christmas and New Years as it meant having to leave the day or two after Christmas to head back to work. This really cut down on any plans to travel to see family for Christmas.

There have been a lot of posts about retail stores closing on Holidays so people can spend time with their families. While think this is a great thing but how many Young People really get together with Family anymore? Most of the Younger Generation that I know care more about when and if the Local Bars will be open.

So once again, HAPPY THANKSGIVING to Everyone for the sacrifices that are made to give a better life to our Love Ones back home!

Thanks Tugs. Same to you and everyone else on this thread. Hope all those finding themselves floating this holiday work safe and are able to find time to contact loved ones at home.

I hope you all had great, family and calm thanksgiving :slight_smile:

I was lucky enough to be home for thanksgiving for the first time in 3 years. It was great to be able to be home and see everybody. I’ll be working thru x-mas and new years though :-(. So for those of you who had to choke down lukewarm turkey in 15 mins and run out and finish loading/unloading the boat AT lease you got 2.5 x holiday pay and you can buy those new stacks for your 4x4 diesel mega pickup! :slight_smile:

Fair winds, following seas.

[QUOTE=Rebel_Rider1969;174115] So for those of you who had to choke down lukewarm turkey in 15 mins and run out and finish loading/unloading the boat AT lease you got 2.5 x holiday pay and you can buy those new stacks for your 4x4 diesel mega pickup! :slight_smile:

Fair winds, following seas.[/QUOTE]

Holiday pay. Whats that?

the only thing that makes it suck a whole lot less to be working!

It seems like most companies I have worked for have paid holidays for the shore staff, but not the Mariners. That really irritates me. It’s nice to be working for a company that does pay holidays.

A certain tug company in NY will tie boats up on the holiday so they don’t pay the double day.