Gulfmark

What is the story on Gulfmark?

A buddy of mine is a Master there and is quite happy with them. He tried to get me on but was told they wanted AB’s only. When he got back to his boat he had a brand new Orange hat straight of the farm working for him.

Gcsaylor there only hiring A/Bs do you know how many they are looking for?

I know the pay at Gulfmark is abysmal compared to all of the other big OSV companies. I have a few friends that work there and hear mostly negatives.

Really i hear the day pay ranges from 300-350 a day for a/b do you know what gulfmark pays

That’s all I know, one thing you may only fill out an app online. Once done then talk to Larry at the St. Rose office and be ready to fax him your docs. Good luck.

The pay may not match the other osv companies but they treat their employees like real people and have a tenure program that I believe is 10 dollars a day per year of service up to ten years they do this because they want to promote within and have quality in mariners not quantity

[QUOTE=Capt. Chase;77051]The pay may not match the other osv companies but they treat their employees like real people and have a tenure program that I believe is 10 dollars a day per year of service up to ten years they do this because they want to promote within and have quality in mariners not quantity[/QUOTE]

I know a guy that used to work for me as a QMED, he got his license, and is working over there now. From what my friends at OC,HOS, and ECO tell me gulfmark is about 250 to 300 bucks a day behind for mud boat engineers. So that means at 10 bucks a year in about 25 years he will finally catch up??? Oh wait it maxs out at 100, so he will never catch up sorry. It will take alot of happiness to make up for that.

I jst received a phone call from them. They are paying 290/ day for qmed. Is that the normal pay in this field?

I got an email from Karen Macera - HR @ Gulfmark asking to schedule an interview. Anyone know the different rates for Engineers @ Gulfmark (chief, relief, and asst.) any info on their benefits? searching the different threads I heard they got a pay raise?