Gulfmark offshore

I just applied online for a mate position with Gulfmark Offshore, they seem like a great company. Does anyone have any experience working with them? Also any advice about some other good supply boat companies.

Gulfmark in the Gulf was Rigdon (SP?) a couple years ago. I’ve known several people that worked for them and were happy with the jobs. Pay was OK, and most of the boats are fairly new. They have a few crew boats but mostly work boats.

As far as other companies…just do some internet digging. If you search back a few pages here, I think someone posted some pretty good lists of companies.

Gulfmark is OK. I know people there. They are another GOM service company. Boats are state of the art but the 210’s don’t ride very well. Word is they are installing rolling chocks as they go into the yard. Converteam DP systems and all diesel electric with Z- Drives. Pay is middle of the road but $10 a year longevity pay and bi-annual bonuses for officers of $20 per day for days worked. If you put some years in there the pay can become attractive.

I sent 2 resume’s to them for Master/Relief/Mate and never heard anything back from them… Good luck and let us know if anything comes of it!

Gulfmark Americas has several vessels in Trinidad, 1 overseas and the rest are in the GOM. They are installing rolling chocks on the 210’ vessels and the do ride nice once completed. The 190’ have nozzles on the drives with make them handle better at the dock a little cramped on space though. Coming up on 5 years with them. PM if you want.

[QUOTE=New-mate;28254]I just applied online for a mate position with Gulfmark Offshore, they seem like a great company. Does anyone have any experience working with them? Also any advice about some other good supply boat companies.[/QUOTE]

Well I am doing my first hitch at Gulfmark now. I have worked for a few offshore companies in the past and I have to admit that this company is one of the more professional companies. Rather selective. The quality of people here is top rate. There is a lot to learn and they keep you busy with safety and paperwork. One of the harder in that aspect. They must being doing something right because all their boats are working.

I think you would like working for Gulfmark.

KJ

Gulfmark does have several vessels in Trinidad and Tobago working for companies such as British Gas and EOG. Several Captains and Engineers who have worked with me in the past have a lot of great things to say about the company, their professionalism and their safety record…as well as their compensation being well above average.

…finding quality solutions to parts sourcing, technical support and ISM challenges of vessel owners and shipyards.

The guys that work for them can verify this but I went in to apply with GULFMARK in person. I told the lady at the desk that I had applied 3 times on line and she told me that I didn’t. Then she explained… You have to go into the office and pick up a piece of paper that has a total different website to put in your application. It also has the password and user name on the paper that you have to use to access the website. This is the REAL app for online. It asks all the questions that is not on THIER website. This was back in April or May or 2010.

I never heard from them either though. I put an app in at ECO and GOL also. The only 3 companies I wanted to work for if I was leaving my current company at that time. ECO picked me up 2 weeks later then GOL called a week after that so I figured my creditials must have been good enough.

I’m an AB going for my 1600 ton 3000 ITC and figured these 3 companies gave me the best chance to get there in 2 years. I have my seatime from the Navy but just no stick time and what better way then advancing inside the company.

Good luck on your endevors.

I’m in Brazil and about four of the “First and Ten” variety just showed up in the last few months.