Gulf Mate Pay scale

I have my 3rd mates unlimited license with some sea time and looking to start doing some DP work. I got an offer from a company working a small boat non DP making 400/day but I feel in the gulf this is at the low end of the pay spectrum… what are some companies paying if you get hired on as a mate on a DP ship?

Use the search function!!!

I see the same question asked several times by the same poster under different headings. Is the key to getting the answer to what you want to hear, to post the same question until you get what you want to hear?

$400 for a smaller DP vessel could be about right, especially if it’s between around 500 tons. I’m assuming you’re a recent academy grad with no real sea time…
This sounds like a good stepping stone and if they are going to pay for your dp training then it’s even better. dp mates on unlimited size osv’s can be around $500/day depends on the company.

[QUOTE=seaduced;75540]I have my 3rd mates unlimited license with some sea time and looking to start doing some DP work. I got an offer from a company working a small boat non DP making 400/day but I feel in the gulf this is at the low end of the pay spectrum… what are some companies paying if you get hired on as a mate on a DP ship?[/QUOTE]

I’m not sayin nothin

Learn how to hold a a boat under a platform first then worry about DP. We captains hate button pushers who have to wake us up because the DP is not working and they don’t know how to run a boat. You don’t want to be known as a button pusher do you?

And for the record $400 a day for little to no oil field experience sounds like a hell of a deal to me.

Hey Jon, can we get a “bitchslap” option beside the “thank”?

For a guy fresh out of school 73,000 a year is not low end of the spectrum! Now for a seasoned mate and DP operator it is on the low end. So take the job, keep your mouth shut and maybe you will learn some shit! After that get you a better paying job.

Actually 73k is pretty low for straight out of school these days…

Beware the golden handcuffs!