Graduate Program Advice Please

I am a prospective student and would like some advice about MMA grad school programs. I have a BS in Environmental Science from Auburn University and currently work for Ingram Barge Co. on deck. I would like to obtain a heavy ton mates license for NC or Oceans. Are there any graduate type programs that tailor to licensing or would I have to transfer my undergrad credits and get another BS in Marine Transportation?

Should get you started

[QUOTE=Bcooksey;51627]I am a prospective student and would like some advice about MMA grad school programs. I have a BS in Environmental Science from Auburn University and currently work for Ingram Barge Co. on deck. I would like to obtain a heavy ton mates license for NC or Oceans. Are there any graduate type programs that tailor to licensing or would I have to transfer my undergrad credits and get another BS in Marine Transportation?[/QUOTE]

The master’s degree program ay Maine has an option for a mate 200 ton license (maybe master, I can’t recall). SUNY Maritime has a 3rd mate graduate program. Both are good programs, but the graduate degree is some variety of management. The SUNY program is geared towards those working ashore in the NYC area. I think you’d be able to get into either with your current degree (I went into the Maine program with a meteorology degree).

[Disclaimer, I’m an alumni of both schools.]