"Get Maritime Jobs" is another headhunter

Why do you allow these scumbags to post their “jobs” on this job board?

Pay to play. BS. How about some real jobs leads that you don’t have to pay for.

Is this guy greasing your pocket? I for one am tired of seeing his adds.

I could post plenty of job leads and if you pay me 15 days plus of your pay I will get you a job somewhere.

I think it is borderline misrepresentation. Maybe you should make a seperate section for dirtbag headhunters. I don’t think their “jobs” should be grouped in with other good job leads you don’t have to pay for. The adds are misleading and a waste of most mariners time.

The whole purpose of this job board I thought was for [U]Mariners[/U] to share information about good jobs for free. Paying for this information or said jobs kind of defeats the purpose of a “free” job board.

Please make a seperate section for headhunters so i can avoid it.

Thanks,

Fed up with scumbags

I don’t think “Get Maritime Jobs” is a headhunter by my definition. Though some (many) of the advertisers are. It is just part of a chain of websites that scour the web for job postings and consolidate them. I have used the site before and never been asked for a penny. You apply directly to the advertiser not the site. You do have to sign in for all the contact information for the ads, but there is no charge for that either.

[QUOTE=OICUR12;42245]Why do you allow these scumbags to post their “jobs” on this job board?

Pay to play. BS. How about some real jobs leads that you don’t have to pay for.

Is this guy greasing your pocket? I for one am tired of seeing his adds.

I could post plenty of job leads and if you pay me 15 days plus of your pay I will get you a job somewhere.

I think it is borderline misrepresentation. Maybe you should make a seperate section for dirtbag headhunters. I don’t think their “jobs” should be grouped in with other good job leads you don’t have to pay for. The adds are misleading and a waste of most mariners time.

The whole purpose of this job board I thought was for [U]Mariners[/U] to share information about good jobs for free. Paying for this information or said jobs kind of defeats the purpose of a “free” job board.

Please make a seperate section for headhunters so i can avoid it.

Thanks,

Fed up with scumbags[/QUOTE]

Where is the post you’re referring to? Believe me, no headhunters are greasing any pockets over here, the maybe just got through the cracks. Point me to the post please.

If i remeber correctly the last time i applied to a job through that website the guy called me on the phone and then fessed up that he charged 16 days pay to connect you with his leads. I don’t remember getting any contact information for free.

Maybe i need to double check but my memory is pretty certain on this one.