French Harboor Sea Shepherd eco-terrorists in Antarctic base

So teh Sea Terrorists have run ot the French for support since they can not shake the security ship that is monitoring them.

I can only hope that something happens where the French catch a lot of politic flak

http://www.seashepherd.org/news-and-media/news-091218-1.html

[quote=MikeE1849;22956]So teh Sea Terrorists have run ot the French for support since they can not shake the security ship that is monitoring them.

I can only hope that something happens where the French catch a lot of politic flak

http://www.seashepherd.org/news-and-media/news-091218-1.html[/quote]

Oh, so the manned fiberglass torpedo will save them?

They left after two days.

Just recently the ytried fouling the prop of he Shonan Maru after it got closer to them. The yalso throw toxic acid at them.
The Shonan Maru cut right throw the thick line dragged from the Steve Irwins stern. I hope it is to shor tto be used again

The French are the ones who sunk Rainbow Warrior back in 1985, so I wouldn’t be so quick to assume that the French government is harboring these guys. In fact, if I was on Sea Shepard I’d be worried!!

Again, the best is the South Park making fun of the Whale Wars!

Last I checked, Antarctica had no gov’t, thus no territorial claims. Some do, including the US, but they aren’t recognized. The very IWC (int’l Whaling Commission) noted by the Fr. have also condemned the tactics of Sea Shepherd. And, isn’t throwing toxic chemicals that could end up in the ocean environmental pollution?

[QUOTE=RkyMtn Paul;23506]Last I checked, Antarctica had no gov’t, thus no territorial claims. Some do, including the US, but they aren’t recognized. The very IWC (int’l Whaling Commission) noted by the Fr. have also condemned the tactics of Sea Shepherd. And, isn’t throwing toxic chemicals that could end up in the ocean environmental pollution?[/QUOTE]

There are lots of territorial claims, and the US isn’t one of them. the Antarctic Treaty disallows NEW territorial claims. Try “Territorial claims of Antarctica” on Wikipedia, that will even bring up a couple nice maps. Note Australia has a claim; that was the basis for the Australian court case that ordered Japan to stop whaling in Australian territory. That was amongst the the things in the letter the 2 guys were carrying when they went aboard the Japanese vessel a couple years back.

[QUOTE=SubGuy;23505]The French are the ones who sunk Rainbow Warrior back in 1985, so I wouldn’t be so quick to assume that the French government is harboring these guys. In fact, if I was on Sea Shepard I’d be worried!!

[/QUOTE]

Yes, the French sunk Greenpeace’s Rainbow Warrior, and killed a man in the process. Paul Watson would tell you that Sea Shepherd has scuttled several vessels, and never hurt anyone.

Sea Shepherd has been to that French base at ‘Adélie Land’ before. Would it not be out of the question that the French don’t want the Japanese whaling in Antarctica either?