For Sale - Ruger 10-22; 25 Shot Magazine

For Sale - The State of Connecticut has deemed my Ruger 10-22, 25 shot magazine to be an evil instrument of terror which is henceforth illegal. Failure to comply with this over the top, anti-second amendment liberal law will make me a felon effective 1/1/14.

So - I have to either destroy it, sell it out of state, surrender it to police, or register it with the State and pay a fee (screw that).

Someone must have a Ruger 10-22 that can use this…

$20 and shipping is on me.

PM me if interested.

OK…some confusion here. I am selling the 25 round magazine - NOT THE GUN.

Yep, possession of this little accessory next year would make me a FELON.

I hate Connecticut.

It was the comma after the 10-22.

Sorry to hear. If ever decide to move, consider Texas:
[ul]
[li]Our Governor solicited gun manufacturers to move their operations to Texas. Apparently Colt Competition is actually moving.[/li][li]Guns and gun accessories that are illegal in other states are considered “cute” in Texas.[/li][li]Texas had the highest number of background checks for gun purchases last year (over 1 million. Number does not include people with CHLs).[/li][li]Texas has pretty good Concealed Handgun License laws (you can even conceal carry in the state capitol if you have a CHL)[/li][li]There is no state income tax and state sales tax is 6.25% (up to 2% more depending on municipality taxes) - important if you want to buy more guns/accessories.[/li][/ul]

Since Cabelas up the street from me has brand new Ruger 25 round mags for $24.99. http://www.cabelas.com/product/Ruger174-BX-258482-Magazine/1229746.uts?destination=%2Fcatalog%2Fproduct.jsp%3FproductId%3D1545614&categoryIds=104792580|104717880|104815080|&WTz_l=RI%3BIK-231451 I could offer to trade you something of equal value from my big assortment of outboard motro parts that I no longer need. Check out all the pictures for things for Sale & Trade https://www.facebook.com/WickedGoodOutdoors

SOLD.

Looks like I’m not going to be a Connecticut felon after all.

hmmm…wonder if you are convicted of a felony in one state for something legal in another state, would the second state still consider you a felon?

[QUOTE=Jetryder223;122146]hmmm…wonder if you are convicted of a felony in one state for something legal in another state, would the second state still consider you a felon?[/QUOTE]

If you are a convicted murderer in one state, are you a felon in another? It’s the same thing, most homicides are per state law. Most felonies are under state law. So yes, a person convicted of a felony on in one state is a felon in another. The Constityution has something to say about things in one state being valid in another also.

[QUOTE=jdcavo;122176]If you are a convicted murderer in one state, are you a felon in another? It’s the same thing, most homicides are per state law. Most felonies are under state law. So yes, a person convicted of a felony on in one state is a felon in another. The Constityution has something to say about things in one state being valid in another also.[/QUOTE]

Apples and Oranges my friend. Homicide is universally illegal so yes, in that case I can see carrying felony convictions where ever you go.

Possession of an unregistered magazine is only illegal in a few states.

That said, I’m sure you are correct that a felony conviction in one state, regardless of offense, transfers to all other states.

I should just move to Texas and avoid all this nonsense.

Jet,

The issue isn’t what law you broke, it’s that you broke a law serious to be a felony. Just like when a law gets repealed they don’t automatically release everyone in jail for breaking it when it was on the books.

[QUOTE=Jetryder223;122189]Apples and Oranges my friend. Homicide is universally illegal so yes, in that case I can see carrying felony convictions where ever you go. Possession of an unregistered magazine is only illegal in a few states…[/QUOTE]

It doesn’t matter what other states classify the conduct as. A felony conviction under one state’s laws is considered a felony conviction in every other state. It’s part of the “full faith and credit” clause of the Constitution. Go talk to a lawyer if you disagree and/or it’s important to you. Or Google the magic words contained in this post.

If I was on a ship at sea, and it was Sunday and I didn’t go to church, but then we crossed the international Date line and it was Saturday again would that still be a sin Father

[QUOTE=jdcavo;122255]It doesn’t matter what other states classify the conduct as. A felony conviction under one state’s laws is considered a felony conviction in every other state. It’s part of the “full faith and credit” clause of the Constitution. Go talk to a lawyer if you disagree and/or it’s important to you. Or Google the magic words contained in this post.[/QUOTE]

I agreed with your interpretation of the law, I’m only disappointed with the general concept that an overzealous State legislature can pass a silly law which if convicted of, can mar your record no matter where life takes you.

For me personally, I will grudgingly comply with the law.