Flying Objects that are not identified

Three objects shot down in three days? Latest one was over Lake Huron.

The Chinese admits it!! They are sending their balloons all over the world:

https://www.hwoyee.com/about

Reliable sources report that they have been sent to more than 40 countries.

PS> Some appears to have gone missing lately.

1 Like

Lots of hot air in China,
Most likely they stole the balloon data from the French in the 1700’s

NOAA launches weather balloons twice a day.

Even those kids over at Cal Maritime had a weather balloon club for a while.

I think this is a diversion, weather balloons are not that exciting.

Have they been mysteriously missing any lately?

Probably brought theirs cheaply from China.

Depends on where you are in China. Pretty cold in Harbin right now:

I thought the worries are about what data they are steeling now, not what they did in the 1700s?

PS> They are still pissed off by the theft of the gunpower data in the 1300s.

2 Likes

At 92 locations in the US, a total of 182 weather balloons are released every day in the US.

NOAA release 1800 a day worldwide.

Twice a day, every day of the year, weather balloons are released simultaneously from almost 900 locations worldwide! This includes 92 released by the National Weather Service in the US and its territories. The balloon flights last for around 2 hours, can drift as far as 125 miles away, and rise up to over 100,000 ft. (about 20 miles) in the atmosphere!

https://www.weather.gov/bmx/kidscorner_weatherballoons

1 Like

Weather balloons transmit and have transponders.

6 Likes
1 Like

Not familiar with this twitter account but fwiw:

Here’s an article by this Rogoway from 2021:

The bidens probably sold air access to anyone that would pay them

4 Likes

no way are we going to shoot down a interstellar craft. If they claim they did only “approved” govt. inspectors will be allowed to comment on it.

I have seen those octagonal ones with strings hanging from them

Did this one have “Happy Birthday” written on it too ?

You are all being conditioned to accept as normal, UFOs, UAPs and other miscellaneous stuff to distract you from real issues that affect everyday citizens. The pollies want you to believe they are defending against a foreign/alien threat and so stop bothering yourselves with down to earth issues like the cost of living, crime sprees, economic disasters, southern border, Ukraine war, train smashes spewing deadly toxic fumes and government incompetence.

Enjoy.

4 Likes

cant they use bullets its getting expensive shooting missiles at it ? our tax dollars at work:)
you would thing that a jet passing close by it at mach one would tear the balloon apart

Maybe pop a few holes in the balloon with a machinegun?
That should be enough to deflate it and cause it come down slow enough to recover the payload intact. (whether the size of busses or cars)

Should be easier than to pick up pieces from the seabed and try to “revers engineer” it.

1 Like

Or maybe this is a better solution?:

4 Likes

Do you believe in fairy tales?
“By the time a Chinese spy balloon crossed into American airspace late last month, U.S. military and intelligence agencies had been tracking it for nearly a week, watching as it lifted off from its home base on Hainan Island near China’s south coast.”

I believe that the US military might have been watching this balloon from the time of its launch. I’d be surprised if it hadn’t. But if so, was the US gov’t just crossing their fingers hoping no one would see it as it meandered across the country visible to the naked eye?

There seems to be many fair tales associated with this event.
First of all, the idea that a free balloon is capable of “lingering” anyplace is ridiculous. The only way a balloon with no propulsion system can maneuver is by changing altitude to utilize varying wind directions. It cannot stop in mid air unless the air mass it’s in has stopped moving.
As far as peeking at the missile sites in Montana or any other military facility, any spy can drive within a few yards of any of them after easily finding them on Google Earth.
I’m all in favor of destroying any of these things that enter our airspace but please, spare us the bullshit and propaganda.

4 Likes

My biggest frustration with this whole balloon affair is that certain news networks keep using an image of Erie’s west basin, Lake St Clair and the Canadian “banana belt” whilst the headline announces the shoot down over Northern (actually NE) Lake Huron.

Geography is hard, evidently.

1 Like

I think these number are right.

Three charts that the NWS puts out are surface, 500 mb and 300 mb.

1000 mb is surface level (more or less obviously it varies)
500 mb is 5500 meters
300 mb is 9000 meters.

These balloons are at around 25,000 meters, the pressure there is 20 mb.

Apparently the term is not lingering but persistence. The balloons can surveil the same area for weeks.

From here:

1 Like