Fighting with the NMC...is there a laywer in the house?

I just wanted to give everyone an update…I did get the NMC to “see it my way.” After I was told that I needed an EOOW/EOW letter to have my sea time credited, I simply quoted the CFR and then was told they only needed my engine room watch standing to be documented. I had my last supervisor write a letter stating that the watches I stood were stood in the engine room, then the were satisfied with that. I now am able to test for my engineers license. I plan on testing in March. To all the helpful comments, I appreciate it and I will help others as I can. To the others that had negative things to say…life sucks enough as it is…try being helpful and supportive and you will be surprised what you will receive in return. Thanks again everyone.

You dont even have the license yet but already dissing the “turds” you had to follow around? Your a real class act man

You can’t get fired in the Navy but being a smart ass and a know it all isn’t going to endear him to anyone in the real world. I thank him for his service but he needs to tone it down a notch it he wants to stay employed once he gets out.

I am still currently dealing with the NMC, and like it or not they are the governing force over my paycheck. Maybe the tug and offshore guys have a better way of dealing with moving up, and knowing how to work with others. Here on the tugs, a poor attitude, and shit talk usually costs you a job, or a free trip over the rail. Just my two cents.

How is “dissing” anyone any different than what people are doing in response to my question that started this post? My reply was in regards to the “light bulb” comment. Being an electrician on a ship isn’t any more difficult than being a third, just a different job. People on here need to stop being so…hypocritical. Read the comments on my post…you are calling me a class act? Please… If people don’t like stones, then stop throwing them.

Shipmate, I have been out for a long time now. I am only giving back what I am given here. Being a smart ass here, just like some of the other people here have been to me is not going to get me fired “in the real world,” nor is it going to get them fired. How is my tone here different than the others…? I shake my head…

I agree! Tell em!

Get out the tape measure to settle this thread. I prefer the metric system, it’s longer in cm’s.

[ATTACH]2844[/ATTACH]

Just trying to give you fair warning fella. I hope you get everything squared away and get a job. I’m shaking my head as well.

Life and work on a merchant ship is not as PC as the rest of the world. There is no democracy. Nobody is going to sit you down and ask “why are you so upset today 3rd?” “do you need a cup of coffee and relax while the MSD is not working?” You bring a smart ass arrogant know it all attitude into any engine room I worked in and you will get “get the fuck down there and clean the shit tank or get the fuck off the ship” Nobody is going to care for the “he was mean to me first” comments. If you cant take a couple snide remarks without getting butthurt you will have a stressful life. I maybe a dick about it, but I call like I see it. I agree with Fraqrat, I shake my head, and wish you well.

My first watch on an MSC ship in Boston the old chief engineer called down and told me bring up the port boiler put it on line then when things get settled down take off the stbd boiler. I did it without any help other than my fireman and oiler. The same chief engineer later in the winter beat up the radio operator one night after the crybaby knocked on the chiefs door at 2 am and demanded the chief fix his (radio operator) room heater steam trap because it was knocking. The chief took a hand full of 6011 welding rods an knocked the guy out. You get about 2 weeks to figure the plant out nowadays before we call for your relief if you don’t hit the ground running.

[QUOTE=Martilyo;96183]I would be so luck to never have to sail with you.[/QUOTE]

It would indeed be lucky for you not to sail with me, with your attitude I can just about assure you of a short and not very sweet career in the merchant world. If you sailed with me I would probably have your wannabe ass off at the next port.

Now, one last bit of chiefly advice … spend a couple years sailing unlicensed and find out what it is all about. From what I have read, you have a long way to go before you will even equal a pimple on a turd third’s ass.

Good luck, you’ll need it.

[QUOTE=Martilyo;96183]I don’t think you are a mean grump, I think other things about you that I will not share…because it isn’t nice too…and Mama always said, if you can’t say something nice… I am not sure how long it has been since you have been in the Navy, if any time, but I can guaran-damntee you that it isn’t ANYONE’S Navy anymore. It has been over-ridden by political correctness and bull{#^+… Much Ignorance and lack of common sense. I have already followed many turds around engine room …I mean thirds that have came out of the most “prestige-est” academies and have came to the conclusion that you could train a monkey to do their job. So if you think the job of a turd is all that difficult, either I am a theoretical physicist or you, sir, are lacking…

I can attest to the fact that the staff at the NMC are uneducated and know nothing about the maritime industry… They are definitely not the brightest in the West Virginia pool you mean… As far as it being black and white, it should be, since it is…you know…on paper…

By the the way, I got my approval to test since I educated the the instrument licenser at the NMC… Thanks for you supportive comments shipmate. I would be so luck to never have to sail with you… Good day then…bye bye now…[/QUOTE]

Dude…what the exact fuck. Was this necessary?

Not cool at all.

Glad you got your letter but holy cow, you have a lot to learn.

When you look and all you see is an asshole all the time, you are probably looking in the mirror.

I just wanted to let you all know I passed the last of my 3rd Assistant Engineer tests today. I appreciate the help from those who had positive words of encouragement and who had assisted me with the issues I had with my license. Thanks again.

[QUOTE=“Too bad steam is gone;96392”]When you look and all you see is an asshole all the time, you are probably looking in the mirror.[/QUOTE]

They see me rollin…they hatin…

Well congrats either way I hope you get your dream job. It seems there is always a shortage of engineers so you shouldn’t have any problems.