Ferry/Tug Captain Position

We have an opening for a Ferry/Tug Captain at the US Navy base at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba. This position is approximately 80% point to point ferry work and 20% single screw ship assist tug work. Applicants are required to be US citizens, hold a minimum of a USCG 200 ton NC license with master of tow endorsement or US Navy NEC 0161 qualification, have single screw tug experience, and be able to pass a background check and drug screen. Employees are required to relocate to Guantanamo Bay and live on base with housing and utilities are provided by the employer. Currently this position is unaccompanied and housing is provided for employees only and a spouse/family would not be authorised to accompany the employee (this may change in the future). The position is a full time 40 hr a week salary position with benefits including health/dental, 401k, disability insurance, and 3 weeks paid vacation a year. Contact me at jsullivan@kira.com for more information.

Sounds miserable. Good luck finding someone.

1 Like

Wait till you find out what the pay is.

PS not a judgement on the OP.

A friend took a job kinda like that on Wake Island quite a few years back. Just tug work, no ferry of course. Pay was not the best, nor the worst, but needed a job. Sounds like a single mans job.

1 Like

“Currently this position is unaccompanied and housing is provided for employees only and a spouse/family would not be authorised to accompany the employee.”

That was a dealbreaker for me.

Spill the beans

Different company than the one I was thinking of. The OP will have to spill the beans.

This sounds like the perfect low wage job for a pathetic loser that needs a place to hide from bill collectors.

I think Sully is probably too embarrassed to say out loud what he plans to pay. My guess is about $37 an hour 37x40x49= $72,520 a year, benefits minimal.

I wonder: has he been formally awarded this contract, or is he merely bidding on it.

If he gets it, he will make big money (our tax dollars) on this government contract.

1 Like

I mean being in such a place as Guantanamo Bay must make up for the likely low wages right? Where else can you hear the screams of the tortured as you sip your drink?

1 Like