Environmental Officer as a Second Career

Curious how willing shipping companies are to hiring envionmental officers who are older? Say mid 50’s older? Person I am thinking of got involuntarily ‘retired’ after about 20 years working as a corporate environmental manager for a large manufacturer. He has a masters degree in environmental engineering with emphasis on wastewater management and energy conservation.

Marketable skills fo sure but I wonder if there would be a place for him in our domain?

(and Yes, I used the search function first)

They exist shoreside. Work(ed) with one who has really zero maritime background. Not a bad dude, did/does a good job.

[QUOTE=Jetryder223;101215]Curious how willing shipping companies are to hiring envionmental officers who are older? Say mid 50’s older? Person I am thinking of got involuntarily ‘retired’ after about 20 years working as a corporate environmental manager for a large manufacturer. He has a masters degree in environmental engineering with emphasis on wastewater management and energy conservation.

Marketable skills fo sure but I wonder if there would be a place for him in our domain? (and Yes, I used the search function first)[/QUOTE]

Crowley runs the “Ocean Ranger” program for the state of Alaska. The Ocean Rangers are environmental officers on all the cruise ships that operate in Alaska. Also, I met a guy at MPT that does environmental monitoring on oil rigs. There should be lots of jobs for an environmental engineer in the oil patch. See rigzone.com