Engineer's Knot Board

A picture is worth a thousand words:

[ATTACH]2790[/ATTACH]

don’t worry…I know plenty of GoM AB’s who can’t even tie those

So that’s why they always wear slip on boots

then there is the other side of the coin…look at how far this seaman is able to toss his heaving line!

//youtu.be/RXG9Rf8jCuM

Goddamned seamen on most of the vessels I am on can’t hit the dock with a heaving line after we’re already alongside!

[QUOTE=c.captain;93762]don’t worry…I know plenty of GoM AB’s who can’t even tie those[/QUOTE

It’s the same in the Northeast. There must be a pandemic of granny knot AB’s floating around. I love the old, " The rabbit comes out of the hole, around the tree and back in the hole again " bowline instructions.

[QUOTE=ForkandBlade;93783][QUOTE=c.captain;93762]don’t worry…I know plenty of GoM AB’s who can’t even tie those[/QUOTE

It’s the same in the Northeast. There must be a pandemic of granny knot AB’s floating around. I love the old, " The rabbit comes out of the hole, around the tree and back in the hole again " bowline instructions.[/QUOTE]

Ah, the good old Boy Scout Manual ~

[QUOTE=albertpachino;93744]A picture is worth a thousand words:[/QUOTE]

Oh my Gawd !!
That is so funny I almost spilled my morning coffee.
Thanks, albertpachino
I make a wonderful half hitch.

Pretty good at the square knot too but there were times.

:smiley:

One of my Pals, a Decky, has a Knot Board hanging in his living room, must be a thousand knots.
OK, I fibbed, at least 500.

hehehehe… engineers…

[QUOTE=Bloodyshitcakes;93814]hehehehe… engineers…[/QUOTE]

I gotta wrench board hanging in my shop. Does that count?

[QUOTE=Sweat-n-Grease;93818]I gotta wrench board hanging in my shop. Does that count?[/QUOTE]

So long as the wrenches are outlined and the grip painted blue. Are they?

[QUOTE=Bloodyshitcakes;93829]So long as the wrenches are outlined and the grip painted blue. Are they?[/QUOTE]

:D:D

Naa, nothing that fancy, just a large wooden pegboard and many hooks, kind of greasy though but it serves its purpose.

Notice how the dockside line handler is showing ZERO urgency in grabbing that line. Could it trouble these clowns to lengthen their stride a little?

[QUOTE=exsubguy;93850]Notice how the dockside line handler is showing ZERO urgency in grabbing that line. Could it trouble these clowns to lengthen their stride a little?[/QUOTE]

The line handler is probably a ILA union guy. He’s moving at union speed! (If you thought you felt a jab at the ILA just then, you sir are correct!)

[QUOTE=ForkandBlade;93852]The line handler is probably a ILA union guy. He’s moving at union speed! (If you thought you felt a jab at the ILA just then, you sir are correct!)[/QUOTE]

and well done too!

you have also learned well my son and c.captain is pleased

[QUOTE=ForkandBlade;93852]The line handler is probably a ILA union guy. He’s moving at union speed! (If you thought you felt a jab at the ILA just then, you sir are correct!)[/QUOTE]

You talking to me, ForkandBlade? I’m a Union Man, try me for size.

[QUOTE=c.captain;93868]and well done too!

you have also learned well my son and c.captain is pleased[/QUOTE]

There are times you seriously piss me off, my friend.

[QUOTE=Sweat-n-Grease;93899]There are times you seriously piss me off, my friend.[/QUOTE]

sorry to PO you S-n-G but glad you still used the term friend, my friend.

I hate to say but the union shuffle if rather epidemic…just go aboard a Washington State Ferry sometime. It’s downright painful!

[QUOTE=c.captain;93905]

I hate to say but the union shuffle if rather epidemic…just go aboard a Washington State Ferry sometime. It’s downright painful![/QUOTE]

But I suppose all the non union guys down in the GoM run around like jack rabbits?? Not all of us union guys suffer from this so called shuffle!