Engineer - Signet Maritime Corporation - Ingleside, TX

We have openings for Chiefs and licensed engineers.Requires a technical, self-motivated individual to take responsibility for the operation and maintenance of vessel propulsion, service and domestic systems. Expected proficiency in the mechanical and electrical operation of modern marine diesel …

More…

okay, show of hands here folks;

HOW MANY GUYS HOLDING A DDE HAVE THIS?? >>> •Basic proficiency with AutoCAD.

really? is that a thing now?

and another thing, has anyone ever been on a tug boat that didn’t make it back to the dock because of mechanical failure, and everyone was standing around saying " damn, if the chief only had autocad experience and had sat down and drawn something on his lap top, none of this would have happened?"

I need a direct HR email if anyone has it. Id like to send some of my ManualCAD work in along with my resume.

Is autocad a higher priority requirement to being into Jesus and cleans shaving, or not?

I have not laughed this hard at anything relating to boats since we had a kid from Iowa trying to feed sandwich bread to dolphins. Thank you for this.

[QUOTE=snacktray;162498]and another thing, has anyone ever been on a tug boat that didn’t make it back to the dock because of mechanical failure, and everyone was standing around saying " damn, if the chief only had autocad experience and had sat down and drawn something on his lap top, none of this would have happened?"

I need a direct HR email if anyone has it. Id like to send some of my ManualCAD work in along with my resume.

[/QUOTE]

Im glad it has brought someone some joy. I actually laughed quite a bit while creating it.

[QUOTE=snacktray;162497]okay, show of hands here folks;

HOW MANY GUYS HOLDING A DDE HAVE THIS?? >>> •Basic proficiency with AutoCAD.

really? is that a thing now?[/QUOTE]

Never heard of autocad before this post…then again for the most part I’m working in a culture that is a bit behind the times, at least in my region.