Edisons new boats

I Have met with Nicky and I was promised a job. I’m hearing there are new boats coming. Do anyone know when these boats are coming or how much longer I will be waiting. I met Nicky last month.

They just came to mass maritime and said in the next two years the new ships will all be finished. From my understanding they will be popping them out as they are finished. Let me know if you get any more info I am also interested in working for them.

If you haven’t heard from Nicky in a month you better get back in touch with him. Things change very quickly and he is a busy guy. Your best bet is to email him about once a week until you are called in to the office for your interview & physical.

The boats are out and will be comming out in the months to come

I was just there monday, they put on 8 AB’s…they also may still have a spot for one more at ECO, ahem… Go Black and Orange! ;~)

[QUOTE=Rebel_Rider1969;75406]I was just there monday, they put on 8 AB’s…they also may still have a spot for one more at ECO, ahem… Go Black and Orange! ;~)[/QUOTE]

Before you turn into a full on company man you might want to work a few hitches. HOS may not be all that great after all…

Is it true that Chouest is the lowest paying company in the gulf now??

Nope, never believe the haters on ECO. There is a reason they are not working there now and it’s not the pay.

[QUOTE=pacificg;75516]Is it true that Chouest is the lowest paying company in the gulf now??[/QUOTE]

oh lord no…

[QUOTE=pacificg;75516]Is it true that Chouest is the lowest paying company in the gulf now??[/QUOTE]

Do they have any equal time schedules at ECO?

Yes, they have equal time, but most are 28/14. If you can get someone on your boat to do equal time, the company doesn’t have a problem with it. Just have to make sure your boat is covered.

Not very many boats at ECO do even time. Can be done but it could take quite a while to work into one of those spots. They pretty much hire you for 28/14 and if you can find an even time spot, good for you.

I got lucky and got me a 14/7

Certainly not the lowest. I would love to find an equal time ECO position/boat! Seems like a good thread in and of itself.

[QUOTE=ecg2930;75798]I got lucky and got me a 14/7[/QUOTE]

Why do the GoM mariners like working double on? In Norway, they work double off!

They like the money. If the day rate were $1500 and the schedule was 14/28 that would be different …

Well I guess I got lucky, I got 21/21.

I’m so with you here. If I could find a “double off” job, with decent pay, I’d be on it like a fly on shit!

***hint hint if any recruiters happen to read this…haha

Ocean Rig
Teekay
Maersk Drilling

When in Norwegian Sector … and usually require fluency in at least one Scandanavian language, even if the operating language aboard is English. Otherwise in non-Norwegian areas, anticipate equal on / off, but very good reimbursement for any delays (onbd) at crew change or for mandatory training while off / ashore.

There are actually some nice opportunities right now as Norway is opening up for development of some fields further up off NW Norway - hence all the activity with the local operators REM, Havila, Farstad, Island Offshore, etc. ordering 90 - 110m x 20 -22m DP2 & DP3 PSV, DSV & OCV boats like hotcakes.

Ta vare på deg selv.

en rosin i polsen, donta cha know. I guess living in the U.P. DOES have it’s advantages…lol.