ECO new builds

[QUOTE=Bayou;140768]That’s inaccurate.

Thus far only two have been delivered with BP getting the second, the M/V Brad Dartez.[/QUOTE]

I think he means the BeeMar boats.

The Great Expectations is really taking over for the Buck??

A smart decision by Stone. An OSV will cost them a lot less to operate than a new Tanker.

[QUOTE=KrustySalt;140776]I think he means the BeeMar boats.

The Great Expectations is really taking over for the Buck??[/QUOTE]

Yes.

The Great Expectations is taking the place of he Buccaneer.

[QUOTE=rigdvr;140759]Anadarko being anyone’s “big” client is just sad.

PS, there is no Anadarko division yet. Lol[/QUOTE]

You obviously don’t understand the business on of the OSV market. Not every operator can be ECO where they can pick who they want to work with. It’s a daily battle if you’re not 1 of the big companies to try and break in with any of these big operators.

I’ve been on Anadarko boats for over two years now…for ECO. Maybe YOU don’t understand. Anadarko sucks balls. My biggest complaint about my job IS Anadarko. Thanks for playing though…

[QUOTE=rigdvr;140829]I’ve been on Anadarko boats for over two years now…for ECO. Maybe YOU don’t understand. Anadarko sucks balls. My biggest complaint about my job IS Anadarko. Thanks for playing though…[/QUOTE]

You’re reply didn’t explain why it’s “sad” if Anadarko was “your biggest customer.” Some companies are limited on who they can work for because all of the majors don’t just hand out MSA’s. There’s a lot of companies who have to accept working for people they don’t really want to work for.

You may not like the way they operate but they’re paying the bills so you continue to get a paycheck. I have worked with my fair share of crappy companies in the past but they are the customer and they usually get what they want.

Damn you must be stuck out by the 8505 all the time…

Not far off lol.

That will be quite the sight to see rolling in and out of Tiger Pass

Well damn I was about to say how can you hate them when they send that boat down crawfish whenever they get them… Lol… Unless they don’t know how to boil them, and send y’all down some nasty tasting ones …

[QUOTE=rigdvr;140829]I’ve been on Anadarko boats for over two years now…for ECO. Maybe YOU don’t understand. Anadarko sucks balls. My biggest complaint about my job IS Anadarko. Thanks for playing though…[/QUOTE]

I Agree…the galveston guys were cool and some of the guys are cool in fourchon but there is one specific guy that sucks huge nut sac. I cringe every time I hear the company radio go off…I don’t know how this guy gets off talking to all of us the way he does. The guy always calls on the effing radio and then asks me to call on the phone and everything will be fine for about 30 seconds and then he will start some bullshit. I don’t think I would piss on him if he was on fire. I really kind of wish Anadarko still had those safety meetings and we still could bring up problems because I would love to call him out.I Have heard him call other boats and ask impatiently if they are at some dock yet but he clearly has no idea its not that easy to move a 300 foot pig around this dump called fourchon. So much for the “safety” meetings and doing the right thing… What a bunch of Sh*t.

As for the Stone Buccaneer I was on her for 10 years…What a great experience I had on that thing! I remember thinking I was wasting my time on there but the ship handling was the best thing I got from it no doubt. I left in june 2012 because I really wanted to advance my ticket and I had my doubts johnny would pull the trigger as it was a go and then the next day it was a big nay. I miss that job and that crew everyday and I couldn’t be happier those boys got a new boat. They Deserve it! I walked onboard the other day to visit at the old cal dive dock and I was impressed but I think we already know Chouest builds a damn decent boat.

[QUOTE=“linky2121”] I Agree…the galveston guys were cool and some of the guys are cool in fourchon but there is one specific guy that sucks huge nut sac. I cringe every time I hear the company radio go off…I don’t know how this guy gets off talking to all of us the way he does. The guy always calls on the effing radio and then asks me to call on the phone and everything will be fine for about 30 seconds and then he will start some bullshit. I don’t think I would piss on him if he was on fire. I really kind of wish Anadarko still had those safety meetings and we still could bring up problems because I would love to call him out.I Have heard him call other boats and ask impatiently if they are at some dock yet but he clearly has no idea its not that easy to move a 300 foot pig around this dump called fourchon. So much for the “safety” meetings and doing the right thing…

I’m glad you brought that up. Its good to know that particular dickscratcher isn’t just picking on me.

Haha. Glad it’s not just me also… I don’t understand how that person has a job still, if the day ever comes that I quit watch out radio call… It’s gunna be awesome…

Lol. No comment

[QUOTE=terrebonne122;140934]Haha. Glad it’s not just me also… I don’t understand how that person has a job still, if the day ever comes that I quit watch out radio call… It’s gunna be awesome…[/QUOTE]

Or you can do like one of our Captain’s did last week. Tell the company to stop bitching and if he didn’t like how the boat was operated to come f*cking down here and show us how it’s all done. Needless to say the conversation I had with the Company Man afterwards was not very fun. But I had to chuckle a little seeing someone put in their place very publicly.

Saltine I bet that was worth a few laughs… Best part is they the ones that wouldn’t have a clue if they left that lil thing they call a office…

Damn the luck. I make a post day before crewchange and now I’m stuck running out to Lloyd ridge 309 to go visit the Q4000… Late crewchange now… Lol

That office at Slip Five always smells like old pizza and shrimp.

Just for clarity. The first 4 beemar boats are working for Anadarko. They were designed by Anadarko and beemar. Chouest bought beemar. Chouest now has first 4 boats already under contract for Anadarko.

We call it Anadarko division as most of the boats in the division work for Anadarko. If you ask about Anadarko division everyone knows you are talking about Brians division.

[QUOTE=Dsc;141034]Just for clarity. The first 4 beemar boats are working for Anadarko. They were designed by Anadarko and beemar. Chouest bought beemar. Chouest now has first 4 boats already under contract for Anadarko.

We call it Anadarko division as most of the boats in the division work for Anadarko. If you ask about Anadarko division everyone knows you are talking about Brians division.[/QUOTE]

Do you know if all of the ECO Ops Coordinators and Managers work out of the Galliano office? Or do they have any stationed elsewhere? I thought about applying with them several times but I will not move “down the bayou” and I’ve always thought a good manager should be spending just as much time on the vessels as in the office (if not more).

Second floor, glass palace