I’ve tried searching the forum about this, but I’ve only found vague answers to my question, or the topics were very old.
My situation is as follows: currently I have a dutch license (CoC), which is STCW accredited. I have the following endorsments on my license:
- Chief mate, all ships less than 3000 GT
- Maritime officer no limitations
- Officer in charge of a navigational watch, no limitations
- Second engineer, all ships with a propulsion power less than 3000KW
- Officer in charge of an engineering watch, no limitations.
In July, I’m marrying an US. citizen, after which I’ll get a greencard and permission to work.
Now my question is: Will I be able to work on US ships with my Dutch license, or, will I be able to get an uscg license (or endorsment?)
thanks a lot,