Drug Testing For License Renewal While Unemployed

I need to renew my MM Credentials in the next few weeks. The coast guard says I have to get myself drug tested. I am unemployed, and when I told Quest Diagnostics I need to get a drug test to give to the coast guard, they tell me i will need a chain of custody release form, and that my employer is resonsible for paying. I have gone to 3 quest outlets so far without being able to get a drug test. i have called the NMC and they tell me to keep trying, someone will give it to me. This is reall pissing me off. What a bunch of BS!!! Any ideas how to get a grug test to submit with your license application???

The NMC website has the list of the places that do the DOT testing. There is also a USCG form to use. It was a piece of cake if you go to one of those places. They knew exactly what to do. It cost me $60 and I wrote it off my taxes.

Thanks Ill take a look at NMC web site again.

http://162.99.3.43/DrugTesting/Level_1_Pages/CertifiedLabs.html

Does the drug testing clinic mail you the original results, then you send it in with your paper work? or do they mail it to your REC?

[QUOTE=Piratemale;64941]Does the drug testing clinic mail you the original results, then you send it in with your paper work? or do they mail it to your REC?[/QUOTE]

You will get the original.

Was in the waiting room of a clinic waiting for a pre-employment physical one time. A young lad was told that his drug test results were back. He immediately asked “How did I do? How did I do?”

Those of us sitting there just rolled our eyes and tried not to laugh out loud. :slight_smile:

Ahahaha what a nimrod!

When I joined the SIU in 2001, I had a guy offer me $150 to “help” him pass the quiz…

Sent from my iPhone using gCaptain

What did you buy with that $150? Haha

I had a buddy apply for his MMD, he went to the same place I did years ago, which was Concentra. They’re all over the country. Bring the paperwork in that you need to print out from the NMC website, and tell them you’re paying for it out of pocket, and it shouldn’t be a problem. They deal with Mariners pretty frequently, just double check that they’re DOT certified, though I haven’t heard of a Concentra that isn’t.

When I renewed last year I used these guys: http://www.drugfreevessel.com/ They provide all the paperwork you need and will find a lab to give the sample close to your home.