Certified Drug Test - COPY?

Does anyone know if a copy of my most recent drug test is ok to send in for renewal? Or, do I send in the original?

You need the original copy from the lab with the actual results on it!
In fact when dealing with the CG everything needs to be original no copies are accepted!
I just received mine back from Anderson & Kelly yesterday as I am also renewing my MMC!
you will need to visit the USCG website and look at the renewal checklist,
It has all the information that you will ever need in a drop down menu!

Good luck

You can apply on line by scanning your documents into pdf format and submitting them to your local REC.

They review them and forward the application to the NMC.

Thank you both. I knew about the NMC site. I like to keep all my originals.

You can do everything by email, like Water said. Here is my copy of the instructions…

December 10, 2009

SUBMISSION OF MERCHANT MARINER CREDENTIAL (MMC) APPLICATIONS TO REGIONAL EXAMINATION CENTERS (RECs) USING E-MAIL
Beginning January 4, 2010, the Coast Guard will begin accepting credential applications at the 17 Regional Examination Centers using e-mail. This bulletin provides basic information on how mariners can submit credential application packages using e-mail.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR E-MAILING APPLICATIONS TO AN REC:

E-mail only complete application packages that meet the Coast Guard’s Application Acceptance Checklist requirements.

The subject line of your e-mail must be: Your Last Name
Your First Name
Your Middle Initial
Your Mariner # (if known)

Attach a complete application in .pdf format not exceed 10 MB in size.

Applications must be scanned at a resolution not to exceed 300 dpi.

The e-mail attachment must include a copy of your TWIC or TWIC application receipt.

User fees (if applicable) must be paid using www.pay.gov. The e-mail attachment must include a copy of your pay.gov user fee receipt.
E-MAIL YOUR APPLICATION TO ONE OF THE FOLLOWING RECS:

Questions regarding this new submission process should be directed to the NMC Mariner Information Call Center at 1-888-IASKNMC (1-888-427-5662). We thank you for your continued support and patience as we continue to improve service to mariners.

Sincerely,

David C. Stalfort
Captain, U. S. Coast Guard
Commanding Officer
United States Coast Guard
National Maritime Center
100 Forbes Drive
Martinsburg, WV 25404
Phn: (888) 427-5662
E-mail: iasknmc@uscg.mil

I renewed last year and sent copies in by mail. I did not send anything original. They accepted all copies of drug cert, discharge, and physical.

Thank you for the info. I’m on it!

I renewed recently doing everything online, nothing snail mail. Followed instructions about scanniing procedures, etc. all went grear EXCEPT I was unable to email my application to Houston REC, I kept getting a mailer deamon(failure notice). Afeter reconfirming the email address and still no luck, I sent it strait to the NMC with a breif note explaining the situation and if they would forward it to Houston REC for me. They were happy to do it, problem solved.

I also trouble emailing my package. I ended up faxing it in to New Orleans REC and followed up with a phone call to verify they received it and was legible.

I also trouble emailing my package. I ended up faxing it in to New Orleans REC and followed up with a phone call to verify they received it and was legible.