Dongbang Giant

Can anyone help identify the function of this monster? I spotted this on a recent trip out of Port Fourchon. I was told that it has been in the area for a couple of years and visits Fourchon periodically for brief periods before heading back out again.

[QUOTE=ChiefChad;161544]Can anyone help identify the function of this monster? I spotted this on a recent trip out of Port Fourchon. I was told that it has been in the area for a couple of years and visits Fourchon periodically for brief periods before heading back out again.[/QUOTE]

With a name like that it’s gotta be up to nogood!

I think I had some giant reels or something on it last hitch. I saw it sitting across from Hosport last hitch.

Yeah, I was thinking floating entertainment vessel, myself.

• Updated - - -

I just couldn’t identify the structure on it when I saw it. The vessel captain that I was speaking to thought the structure on the back deck was the same as the last time or two that she was in port.

Modules for a refinery or similar project in Australia, IIRC.

does this ring anybody’s giant dongbang?

My dongbang is excited by the mere sight of this vessel.

When I first saw it Asian bukkaki video was my first thought. Then I thought maybe the name of Hangover movie sequel where they returned to Thailand.

Sounds like something you can order the wife from the Adam and Eve website???

The flush cargo deck should be a dead giveaway. While I usually refer to them as module carriers, designed to carry large industrial facilities such as LNG plants piece-by-piece from the factory to the construction site, they can also be utilized to carry other oversized cargo such as cranes.

I wouldn’t know otherwise, but we just finished basic design for two Polar Class 3 vessels not unlike what was already posted in this thread.

The Dongbang Giant No. 1?

These were taken maybe 18 months ago in Slip A.