Does Edison choust offer even time

Luck of the draw. Depends on the boat, your reliefs, the master, and your coordinator, etc. Don’t count on it, but it does exist.

[QUOTE=c.captain;83028]For the love of God man…why do the GoM OSV people want to work 28/14? WHY?[/QUOTE]

I don’t but I think so many of them are just used to doing it that they don’t know any better. Then there are some that can’t manage money and have to work like that.

It’s hard to hear the truth. Thanks Chief. Well put.

[QUOTE=c.captain;83028]For the love of God man…why do the GoM OSV people want to work 28/14? WHY?[/QUOTE]

If you could see my gun collection, you would know why. Plus my 145 acre ranch with a 10 acre bass lake and 600 yard rifle range, and if everything keeps going right, by mid summer next year a lamborghini to go with it.

Work harder, play harder.

Very true. Forgot about that point too. But regardless equal time is available if you find the right boat. Don’t go to ECO and expect it, expect 28/14 and if you don’t like it there are always other companies. Not to sound harsh but that’s the deal thats on the table.

Lower day rate for travel pay…no thanks. It all would even out in the wash anyway.

People who are that upset about travel pay are free to

1. Move a little closer
  2. Work closer to home
  3. Accept that it’s the nature of the beast
  4. Bitch on gcaptain

I worked for a lower rate for 22 years and got my retirement and medical. I started working in retirement 28/14, busted my hump for 3 years and now 28/28. Now I have two medical plans to choose from and about the time my wife is ready to choke me, I go back to work. This will probably be my last job because I am adverse to change. It was scary enough retiring let alone getting another job. It is nice to be a member of the check of the month club.

For me, WHERE and WHO I work for has always been is a lot more important than HOW MUCH I work for because I have to look at myself in the mirror but that is just me.

Poor poor mirror! I don’t know who’s poorer. You or the mirror? Couldn’t resist.

Yes ECO does. Most of the vessels in the division I work in are time for time.

I prefer the motto “work smarter, not harder”,… and I still get the benefit of all the toys, property, and guns. I worked 28/14 at ECO for a long time before I was able to secure an even time schedule. After I figured out that I could make the same money with another company working 21/21,… I moved on to another facet of the industry. I personally would rather have the additional time off with my family than an extra 2 months worth of salary any day.

I was able to get even time at ECO when I asked for it. I’ll never go back to 28/14 if I can avoid it. I don’t care how many more toys I’d have to play with for 4 months of the year. I’ll never look back on my life and wish I had spent more time at work.

Chouest’s 401(k) plan is a joke. They “match” 50% of your contribution up to 6% of your yearly gross(so 3% of your gross) up to a maximum of $3000.00 yearly. On top of that, rather than depositing the matching funds with each contribution an employee makes to the plan over the course of the year, they make one deposit in February of the following year for the total amount ($3000.00 max) In this case, their matching contribution is gaining the dividend on THEIR account for EVERY employee over the course of an entire year instead of gaining, or losing in some markets, in the account of the employee. Chouest most likely earns enough profit from this method to more than cover the total amount of whatever laughable contribution they pay to all employees combined yearly.

Travel pay is even worse. $350 per hitch is the maximum and the amount is based on distance from the office in Galliano. This amount hasn’t changed in over ten years as airfare, hotels, and other travel expenses have continued to rise. Not to mention the additional expenses incurred when the coordinator or Oil company makes last minutes changes to the crew change time and destination. I’ve personally been in situations before where I’ve incurred travel expenses in excess of $1,000.00 because of ignorance on the part of the company with no reimbursement.
It would be great to able to hand in receipts and know that reimbursement will be rendered on the next pay check, but thats not going to happen anytime soon.

Then find a job in SoCal. No one has forced anybody to come down to Galliano to work. We all volunteered.

Some people I have worked with dont like the 28/14; they prefer 42/14 or 70/14… The rest of us younger guys want to work 28/28 or some equal time derivative. If your ECO boat works equal time, PM me so I can try and transfer over there.

it seems to me if you are a new hire with and AGT 3rds mate or 3/AE they are more Accommodating with equal time and where you work.

No one is forced to work for ECO!!! or any other GOM company!!! If you don’t like the travel pay, 401K, schedule leave find another job.
If I was unhappy with where I work I would quit. Then you see people bitching about what profits ECO, HOS, HGIM
Are making, that is there purpose to make the most profit they can, never seen a company started only to break even or loose money.

No one is forced to work for ECO!!! or any other GOM company!!! If you don’t like the travel pay, 401K, schedule leave find another job.
If I was unhappy with where I work I would quit. Then you see people bitching about what profits ECO, HOS, HGIM
Are making, that is there purpose to make the most profit they can, never seen a company started only to break even or loose money. .

What the eff is up with you?

Is there something wrong for the working man to want a little more for his labors? Are we all just servants to “Mr. Gary/Otto/Shane/Todd” and should grovel at the crumbs they throw our way even if they throw alot of crumbs in the form of dayrate? That their profitability comes first over giving us the squarest deal they can?

Personally I believe that in any company that is profitable that 1/3 of the profits should go to labor since without said labor, there would be none of those profits in the first place but that’s just me. I know I am a populist who wants the working stiffs to get everything they have a right to by law or should get from the companies. The companies all deserve to be profitable or there’s no point having said company, but there should be a true expression of gratitude from management to labor other than the old bromides that “you’re the reason we’re so successful and that this company can’t be #1 without YOU!” I’ve heard that one far, far too many times to ever hear it again!

[QUOTE=c.captain;83117]What the eff is up with you?

Is there something wrong for the working man to want a little more for his labors? Are we all just servants to “Mr. Gary/Otto/Shane/Todd” and should grovel at the crumbs they throw our way even if they throw alot of crumbs in the form of dayrate? That their profitability comes first over giving us the squarest deal they can?

Personally I believe that in any company that is profitable that 1/3 of the profits should go to labor since without said labor, there would be none of those profits in the first place but that’s just me. I know I am a populist who wants the working stiffs to get everything they have a right to by law or should get from the companies. The companies all deserve to be profitable or there’s no point having said company, but there should be a true expression of gratitude from management to labor other than the old bromides that “you’re the reason we’re so successful and that this company can’t be #1 without YOU!” I’ve heard that one far, far too many times to ever hear it again![/QUOTE]

Not trying to cause a fight but you’re way of thinking is exactly why you won’t own a big company. Do I agree with your statements? Absolutely. The fact of the matter is that really successful folks tend to worry about what’s good for them and that’s it. The rest of us folks are just a necessary evil to help them in their venture or goal. Some of the most successful people I have ever worked for didn’t care about any of their employees except on the surface so people would continue working their. The owners were looking out for themselves, their family and that was it. One particular owner purchased 2 jets, a vacation home and then said times were tough and we weren’t getting a bonus for the 2nd year in a row. Times might have been tough for us but not for him.

To be a successful business owner you have to continuously make decisions that are good for the company in terms of profit. From there you have to adjust your pay, bonus’, etc… as people squawk, become unhappy or quit. I would like to think that I would operate different if in the position but until I’m there I will have to just speculate.

Rigdon Marine tried to offer a profit sharing plan with it’s employees and most vessel employees were all for it. The small percentage that didn’t want it made such a big deal about it that they ended up scrapping the idea and giving everyone a good day rate bump. Lots of guys lost out on alot of money when they sold to GulfMark. One thing I always respected about Larry Rigdon was that he would sell the company as long as everyone kept their job with Gulfmark. From what I understand the only people who lost their job was because they chose to not go to Gulfmark.

[QUOTE=cappy208;83082]Poor poor mirror! I don’t know who’s poorer. You or the mirror? Couldn’t resist.[/QUOTE]

Dammit! Left myself unguarded for just a second and a sniper gets me right in the head.

Not trying to cause a fight but you’re way of thinking is exactly why you won’t own a big company. Do I agree with your statements? Absolutely. The fact of the matter is that really successful folks tend to worry about what’s good for them and that’s it. The rest of us folks are just a necessary evil to help them in their venture or goal. Some of the most successful people I have ever worked for didn’t care about any of their employees except on the surface so people would continue working their. The owners were looking out for themselves, their family and that was it. One particular owner purchased 2 jets, a vacation home and then said times were tough and we weren’t getting a bonus for the 2nd year in a row. Times might have been tough for us but not for him.

Did such thinking come naturally to you or was the use of high voltage electrodes involved?