Does anyone have experience with SEAPORT MARINE

Do they charge the Sailor or the company? Do they place you just to get the money even if it’s a shit job? What kind of reputation do they have. They Called me today for 1 of 3 Master 1600 oceans towing jobs.:confused:
Thanks,
Bob

The lowest form of intelligent life alive.

Thanks capitan1962. I also did a search on the forum to see what I could come up with…it completely backs up what you say!!! And it answered all my questions. Thanks again. I do welcome any additional comments.

Hey there Boatahaulic I have some one you can call that will work with you and Is a real good guy Hit me Via PM.

they seem like nice enough guys but got the runaround from them. they would tell me “we have a job coming up tommorow” then that would turn into tommorow and tommorow and …well you get the idea.

capitan1962 why so harsh? I found them to be good people & actually had great success using Seaport Marine. The owner has become a good friend over the years after getting me on a good job that i’ve maintained the last 4+ years until this past spring. I know him to be a good Christian man & has a number of pretty women working there also! I visit them frequently just to shoot the breeze on what’s going on around the industry

What possibly could having a number of pretty women working there have to do with whether its a reputable establishment or not? Would they not meet your approval if the women were ugly?? Also, I know scores of men who “say” they are Christian, but, I am more persuaded by the way they live their lives, & not just lip service. I am by no means calling the man a liar, saying he’s not a Christian, simply stating a fact that actions speak louder than words.

The 1600 ton master positions, I am pretty sure are for Hornbeck. From what I have heard, they (HOS) have quite a few resources (head hunters) looking for 1600 ton captains and chief’s. I know they were sending quite a few boats to Brazil.

[QUOTE=Capnklump;55746]What possibly could having a number of pretty women working there have to do with whether its a reputable establishment or not? Would they not meet your approval if the women were ugly?? Also, I know scores of men who “say” they are Christian, but, I am more persuaded by the way they live their lives, & not just lip service. I am by no means calling the man a liar, saying he’s not a Christian, simply stating a fact that actions speak louder than words.[/QUOTE]
If I paid $6k to get a job I would rather look at pretty women than not.

It’s a messed up deal. Oilfield was pretty bad off at the time. And the way Seaport & most of the other “Headhunter” outfits do business is to charge you 14 days of your gross pay/day rate, before taxes or anything, & it ended up being $6300 for me, but they rounded it down to an even $6k because I sent them a check for the full amount instead of letting them have power of attorney over my paycheck.

Sent from my iPad using gCaptain

$6K, just for a job with HOS? Why didn’t you just apply directly through their website and save yourself the money. SEAPORT is notorious for 3rd partiing. I got a call from them for a 3rd party job that they, rather than the principles, had listed on Rigzone. They said they would send an application, but by accident sent me the brochure for employers, extolling the virtues of how SEAPORT charged the employee rather than the employer. Needless to say, I had already heard of their reputation and didn’t follow up, once I knew who it was calling. Although I was a little miffed that they advertise jobs on Rigzone as if they were the direct hirer, which they are not. They are just using Rigzone to drum up business for themselves at the jobseekers expense!