Do any OSV companies work 2 on 1 off schedules in the Gulf?

I heard once that all the 2:1 jobs are foreign, is that true? If so, who works that schedule in the Gulf?

It varies there are some companies that work equal or 2:1 some companies only equal, some only 2:1.

1 Like

Depends on the position. Most unlicensed crew work 2:1. Officers, depend on the company, and then it’s more often up to you what you want work.

Most overseas is actually even time.

Working even time and hate it. Hopefully raises will start later this year and I can go back to even time.

1 Like

Oh yeah? I was working even time in the Gulf for a while, and I really enjoyed it. It was fun having all that time off. But I bet 2:1 is nice if you have a nice gig.

I know Otto Candies does 2:1 for officers out in the Gulf, do you happen to know who else does that? Also, any smaller OSV companies that do that? If those still exist…

It used to be a predominantly 2 for 1 schedule for companies out of the gom…used to be hard to find equal time if you wanted it because then it would require the companies to hire more people, provide insurance for more people… When things crashed lots of companies went equal time to retain folks who would otherwise get laid off. With pay cuts a lot of folks would prefer 2 for 1 to make up the difference.
Couple friends I have still working out there, they claim things are picking up a bit so their company is having guys go back to a 2 for 1 rotation.

1 Like

I ment to say I was working 2:1 and hate it. I cant wait to go back to even time.

2 Likes