Deck officer equal time hitches list

Who’s offering what in GOM. Nice to have list. Please chime in.

Last few posts cover this topic…

[QUOTE=Fraqrat;129358]http://gcaptain.com/forum/maritime-employment/13922-pounding-pavement-osv-company.html

Last few posts cover this topic…[/QUOTE]

Only ECO and HOS where covered and that was under.“Can anyone tell me what the typical ENGINEER rotations are for OSV vessels” Would be nice to have a comprehensive list under a deck officer thread.

Here’s something from another thread: [I]Hornbeck has 28/14, 28/28, 21/21 and 14/14. Be up front about which you desire while interviewing[/I]. (Fraqrat)

And: [I]ECO is primarily 28/14 but there is an increasing number of 28/28 boats. Some are 14/14[/I]. (Gulf_Engineer)

I can add that I’ve been told C&G offers even time for officers, at least on the workboats.

I know of no crewboat companies that offer even time, with the possible exception of Gulfmark’s <200-ton fast supply vessels.

Would be interested to know about Seacor, HGIM, Gulfmark, Labord, Tidewater, Aries, Odyssea, Adriatic, Jackson Offshore … others?

Laborde has 14-14 for deck on OSVs. Eng mostly 28-14 with a couple of exceptions.Ratings- mostly 28-14. Crew boats have all sorts of schedules. Depends on the boat.

Got a few buddies working 28/28 at Seacor. One on supply boats and the other on Mini Supplies. I’ve heard that some of the crew boats are even time, but nothing confirmed.

Honestly ECO is the only company I know of that going even time is a problem.

[QUOTE=captrob;129371]Crew boats have all sorts of schedules. Depends on the boat.[/QUOTE]

“Any schedule you want, just as long as it’s 2:1 …” Really, I’ve only ever seen 28/14 and 14/7. Oh, and 56/28.

• Updated - - -

And I should clarify that I understand the 2:1 schedules in the crewboat world prevail in part because the day rates are not such that a majority of licensed personnel want to take the “pay cut” an even time schedule entails.

I am at Harvey and worked 14/14 since I have been here. I probably would not have come over otherwise.

I LOVE having a life off the boat.

Trying not to be a smart ass but, if they offer even time position is irrelevant. What sense does it make to have engineers working even and deck guys working 2/1?

[QUOTE=Fraqrat;129423]Trying not to be a smart ass but, if they offer even time position is irrelevant. What sense does it make to have engineers working even and deck guys working 2/1?[/QUOTE]

When the COI only calls for one engineer.

What does the COI have to do with working 2/1? They don’t care how many days a year you work vs how many you have off.

Oh I guess is bayoo mentality so instead of 3 with 2 onboard you only need 2 to work
Entirely opposite eachother equal time.

Is it harder to bitch about the other crew when half of them are ways onboard with you working 2/1?

[QUOTE=z-drive;129432]What does the COI have to do with working 2/1? They don’t care how many days a year you work vs how many you have off.

Oh I guess is bayoo mentality so instead of 3 with 2 onboard you only need 2 to work
Entirely opposite eachother equal time.

Is it harder to bitch about the other crew when half of them are ways onboard with you working 2/1?[/QUOTE]

If the drillers were happy with only COI Manning, wouldn’t there be a lot less jobs overall? BP is now requiring 2 mates on bridge at all times while on DP alongside. Definitely part of how I got my job.

As far as companies go, doesn’t 28/14 mean less employees, less 401 k contributions, less payments to health plan, less payments to UI, less payments to SSI, and less lawsuits?

2:1 requires 3 poeple to fill 2 shifts (00-12, 12-24, one at home) where 1:1 requires 4 to fill 2 shifts (00-12, 12-24, two at home). That’s why most companies prefer 2:1 schedules. One less person to pay insurance 401k etc for.

[QUOTE=Johnny Canal;129437]If the drillers were happy with only COI Manning, wouldn’t there be a lot less jobs overall? BP is now requiring 2 mates on bridge at all times while on DP alongside. Definitely part of how I got my job.

I believe there was a post on gCaptain recently, That Shell will be requiring 5 licensed deck officers on board there osv at all times, in 2014. I.e. 2 mates on watch at time with a Floating Master

You guys work 243 days a year?

[QUOTE=Kraken;129452]You guys work 243 days a year?[/QUOTE]

From my very limited exposure to GOM, I would have to say yes. Especially unlicensed.

A very large percentage of us in the oilfield do.

[QUOTE=coldduck;129455]A very large percentage of us in the oilfield do.[/QUOTE]

I must say I am somewhat impressed that you accept it. In Norway we work 28:28 on ships, and 14:28 on the platforms.

[QUOTE=Kraken;129456]I must say I am somewhat impressed that you accept it. In Norway we work 28:28 on ships, and 14:28 on the platforms.[/QUOTE]

Comparing Norwegian practices to American is like me trying to compare deep sea shipping to any aspect of oilfield practices.

[ QUOTE=Fraqrat;129423]Trying not to be a smart ass but, if they offer even time position is irrelevant. What sense does it make to have engineers working even and deck guys working 2/1?[/QUOTE]

I posted this thread concerning equal time for DECK OFFICERS. You replied ‘Last few posts cover this topic’ referring to the THREAD. “Value of pounding pavement to get in with a OSV company” Witch was posted concerning engineer hitches. Nothing to do with deck. Read my thread title