Decent places to eat - Cut Off, Galliano, and Golden Meadow

Gonna be going to classes all week down here on the bayou. Any recommendations for places to eat?

B&E Seafood is my favorite.

all depends on what y’alls fancy is…

deep fried out of the swamp or

deep fried off the side of the road

sorry you can call me a nasty old sob for that one but I just had to…just be happy that I’m not posting photos!

Yes, the B&E is good.

There are also some good Thai restaurants around Houma. My favorite is the Thai Emerald over on MLK.

Yeah, the Thai Emerald is good. For the BEST PO BOY EVER, be sure to stop in at Harry’s Po Boy in Larose. Just north of the High Rise and across 308 from North American Shipbuilding. Only open from 1030 to 1600, but you will not find a better sandwich anywhere, probably in the world. I know that is quite a statement, but they certainly do a better job on their po boys than anywhere in NOLA. Just a little shack with covered picnic tables, but man, great food. I used to just have either the shrimp or crawfish po boy, but their roast beef is just the way one should be, dripping sauce down the forearms kind of good.

The place is so good, if I am in the area and have the time, I will drive down from 90 just for a sandwich. . . .

Don’t forget LA Casa best Mexican food east of the Sabine.

Was driving around yesterday, (Sunday), and had a hankering for the best po boy ever … Put the address for Harry’s in the phone, mouth started watering in anticipation, and wouldn’t you know it … CLOSED SUNDAYS!!

So I pull out the handy dandy IPhone and fire up the Yelp app, and I see “Mommie Jo’s” has good reviews … Well by now the mouthwatering is getting out of control and the stomach is growling. I pull up to see it all closed up, it’s 2PM and they are done for the day. Dangnabit !!!

Anyways, any tips on a good breakfast place down Galliano way? A buttermilk biscuit with sausage gravy is what I’m craving right about now …

[QUOTE=Flyer69;106573]Was driving around yesterday, (Sunday), and had a hankering for the best po boy ever … Put the address for Harry’s in the phone, mouth started watering in anticipation, and wouldn’t you know it … CLOSED SUNDAYS!!

So I pull out the handy dandy IPhone and fire up the Yelp app, and I see “Mommie Jo’s” has good reviews … Well by now the mouthwatering is getting out of control and the stomach is growling. I pull up to see it all closed up, it’s 2PM and they are done for the day. Dangnabit !!!

Anyways, any tips on a good breakfast place down Galliano way? A buttermilk biscuit with sausage gravy is what I’m craving right about now …[/QUOTE]

Yeah, Harry’s pretty much just caters to the workday lunch crowd. . . .

Well, was hankering for the worlds best po boy yesterday, Monday, so I took a ride over there, smiling in anticipation … CLOSED !!!
Re-opening Wednesday. Guess I will just have to wait.

Drove to Mommie Jo’s, CLOSED Mondays. Sheesh.

Couple hundred yards away was B&E seafood, so in I went for lunch. Very pleased, this is a down home place with nice people and great food. They are closed Tuesdays (today), so I guess I will try Mommie Jo’s today and Harry’s PoBoy tomorrow.

I asked the nice ladies at B&E about good early morning breakfast spots in the area, they recommended either the Huddle House or Rosie’s out on the 4 lane.