Deadliest Catch Commercial

I was just relaxing in front of my television when I saw a commercial for a Deadliest Catch marathon. At one point in the commercial one of the captains was holding what looked to be an AR-15, and saying words to the effect of “I’m watching you.” Does anyone know the story behind that clip? Seems interesting.

sorry, willpower did not hold out, must be palin

[QUOTE=Jon;33747]“I’m watching you.” [/QUOTE]

Talking to a seal probably.

Either that or working in the bumper boats spectacle of Bristol Bay :slight_smile:

I liked the clip of a greenhorn turning around in circles on the dock, covered in tin foil, while everyone’s laughing at him.

Yeah tuning the radar was a good one. Looks those two brothers are some hard asses but once you are in…you are in. You don’t wanna be on their shitlist.

I don’t think those boys follow all the laws when it comes to weapons and explosives on the high seas and the customs implications involved.

They like shootin off their fire crackers which can’t be legal to have on a commercial fishing vessel.

The point that was made on one episode of them being mistaken for a flare is valid.

The AR 15 was Capt Jonathan’s from home probably and it was real. He was joking around and got caught or they should have edited that one out. I am sure they shoot their guns too in true redneck fashion up there.

I am sure he is probably legal by Alaskan weapons laws but taking a weapon past the line of demarcation and then back has implications i think.

I have thought about carring a weapon while sailing sketchy areas but you take just as much chance getting taken to jail in a foreign country as you do being able to fend off an attack from pirates. Especially if they have rpg’s.

[QUOTE=OICUR12;40523]
I don’t think those boys follow all the laws when it comes to weapons and explosives on the high seas and the customs implications involved.
[/QUOTE]

Which laws are those? And since they haven’t gone foreign, there are no “customs implications” and the demarcation line has sweet FA to do with any weapons laws.

As far as “firecrackers” are concerned, those are seal bombs, they are carried and used by fishermen all over the northwest to keep seals away. They used to shoot seals before people got all touchy-feely about the things.