Current Turnaround times for USCG License Renewals

[QUOTE=z-drive;142898]Same thing happened to me! Approved to test the next day after waiting for evaluation for a few weeks. Coincidence I am sure.[/QUOTE]

Dunno…co-inkydink or not, I also got my Approved to Test letter two days ago, after one month at PQEB…total of five weeks after submission.

BUT…the other stuff on the same application seems to be lost or in limbo. My Proficiency in Survival Craft and Medical Care Provider certs should have been added (certs were sent) but I don’t see those. I need to get Andy to find out wtf happened. Maybe it just takes a few days to be added to the file.

1 day at PQEB, and they’ve submitted for additional information. I got an email, stating only that I would receive a letter and had 90 days to reply. Normal I suppose, but since there were no details online either I called to speak with someone. The lady that answered was very nice, and had plenty of information to share with me. However, I quickly realized I knew more than she did about the checklists. So she transferred me to the voice-mail of the evaluator. The thing that baffles me is they were “short sea time” for just about EVERYTHING I applied for. It’s hard for me to understand how a single document that contains EVERY piece of information necessary can “loose” sea service forms. Thats a crock of steamy horseshheett. I took 3 weeks to prepare my application while taking classes and had a Maritime Graduate Instructor assist in prep. We dotted I’s and crossed T’s. Not overnight crap shoot. Granted its a BIG file, but still…

1021 days on vessels between 10-16GRT. 78 of days over 1100GRT. 20 days on 67GRT. 6 total vessels.

Applied for:
AB Unlimited
Master 25 NC
Mate 100 NC
RFPNW

Now I have to wait for a call back from the evaluator woman. Any advice for when I speak to her? Other than, please look at the paper work in front of you?

[QUOTE=benjammin;142963]1 day at PQEB, and they’ve submitted for additional information. I got an email, stating only that I would receive a letter and had 90 days to reply. Normal I suppose, but since there were no details online either I called to speak with someone. The lady that answered was very nice, and had plenty of information to share with me. However, I quickly realized I knew more than she did about the checklists. So she transferred me to the voice-mail of the evaluator. The thing that baffles me is they were “short sea time” for just about EVERYTHING I applied for. It’s hard for me to understand how a single document that contains EVERY piece of information necessary can “loose” sea service forms. Thats a crock of steamy horseshheett. I took 3 weeks to prepare my application while taking classes and had a Maritime Graduate Instructor assist in prep. We dotted I’s and crossed T’s. Not overnight crap shoot. Granted its a BIG file, but still…

1021 days on vessels between 10-16GRT. 78 of days over 1100GRT. 20 days on 67GRT. 6 total vessels.

Applied for:
AB Unlimited
Master 25 NC
Mate 100 NC
RFPNW

Now I have to wait for a call back from the evaluator woman. Any advice for when I speak to her? Other than, please look at the paper work in front of you?[/QUOTE]

AB Unlimited requires 3 years (1080 days) of service. If you have 1021 days, NMC is right, you’re short.

Is there some kind of meltdown going on at the NMC today?
I talked to a call taker this morning. She talked to my evaluator, and they have my app all balled up. Its gonna be a fight over where a comma was placed in the new rule.
Evaluator called me while I was on the other line talking to the call taker, telling her how they were misinterpreting the new CFR 11.412
Tried returning her call this afternoon, got the message that they were closed for training.

My app got accepted REC NOLA Jun 26, 2014.
Passed safety, suitability, medical screening July 7, 2014.
Assigned PQEB August 8, 2014.
Got the dreaded “additional information required” email August 9, 2014. Apparently that meant they were pulling my legacy file from wherever it is.

In talking with the call taker today she told me the evaluator had the file. Now the good part. I have applied for an upgrade from Master 500 GRT Oceans to Master 1600 GRT Oceans based on the wording in the new federal rule 11.412(a)(2):

(2) One year of service on vessels of
more than 100 GRT on ocean or near coastal waters as a master or mate of
self-propelled vessels
, or master or mate
of towing vessels while holding a
license or MMC endorsement as mate of
ocean self-propelled vessels of less than
1,600 GRT or as master or mate of
towing vessels

I have a bit more than a year on vessels over 100 GRT. The call taker at the NMC is telling me that I need 720 days.

Stick to the rule books. They always relent when it comes to their own rule book. If that’s what it says in the book then that’s what it says in the book. Stick to your guns and you’ll come out on top. The CFR’s are the only force that can ultimately defeat the NMC.

[ATTACH]4028[/ATTACH]

Their comma’s and “or”'s are not very well placed. Punctuation and grammar can make a huge difference.

[QUOTE=Flyer69;143581][ATTACH]4028[/ATTACH]

Their comma’s and “or”'s are not very well placed. Punctuation and grammar can make a huge difference.[/QUOTE]

Let’s eat, Grandma

Let’s eat Grandma

It’s the difference between life and death!

Finally received mine today. Maybe the Coasties are reading this forum because a day after I posted my dilemma I received notification that it was being processed and to expect it in a week. Still way to long to have to wait…

Coastie, Coastie don’t feel blue,
I once was a shit-head too!

[QUOTE=PaddyWest2012;143595]Coastie, Coastie don’t feel blue,
I once was a shit-head too![/QUOTE]

Joan Rivers hasn’t been dead for 10 hours yet and here you are trying to be the next big comedian.

[QUOTE=catherder;143596]Joan Rivers hasn’t been dead for 10 hours yet and here you are trying to be the next big comedian.[/QUOTE]

How in God’s name did Joan Q%*#&$@^ RIvers enter the conversation?

[QUOTE=ahihunter;143589]Finally received mine today. Maybe the Coasties are reading this forum because a day after I posted my dilemma I received notification that it was being processed and to expect it in a week. Still way to long to have to wait…[/QUOTE]

Coincidence. I doubt that NMC is reading here. If they were, how are they supposed to know who you are? I am pretty sure that there is no one in their files named Hunter, Ahi.

[QUOTE=PaddyWest2012;143599]How in God’s name did Joan Q%*#&$@^ RIvers enter the conversation?[/QUOTE]

Now, that’s three posts!

• Updated - - -

[QUOTE=jdcavo;143610]Last edited by jdcavo; Today at 06:27 AM. Reason: typo-correction. Punctuation is important and could save lives.[/QUOTE]

Better believe it.

Submitted my renewal packet on 07/29 to the REC in Houston, received license 09/08. Was pleasantly surprised.

Update for upgrade from DDE Unlimited w/(stcw) to CE Limited,and renewal, Here it is

7/09/14 Turned into Boston rec
7/31/14 Need more med ,(doc put down item about my heart murmur)wanted to med forms from all test from heart doctor.Already had them ,but had to come from there office with letter sayiI’m Im fine and fit for duty
8/18/14 Cleared med ,awaiting evaluation processes and is currently awaiting a professional qualification evaluation.
9/12/14 About a month later ,Your application is being evaluated for professional qualifications.
9/15/14 Renewal has been mailed out/ Approved for upgrade upon passing tests.

Not to bad for time , Just want to let you guys /gals know ,good luck with yours

Two and a half months just to be approved to test is not bad time? Our standards have been sooo compromised. I guess when you get accustomed to really bad service, you look at bad service and say, “Hey, that’s pretty good!”

LOL yeah ,I guess your right.

[QUOTE=txwooley;144327]Two and a half months just to be approved to test is not bad time? Our standards have been sooo compromised. I guess when you get accustomed to really bad service, you look at bad service and say, “Hey, that’s pretty good!”[/QUOTE]

I am at two weeks for an upgrade and my app hasn’t even gotten to WV yet.

I mailed my app to the Toledo REC for a raise in grade September 2nd and it was in WV within a week. As of last Friday it is awaiting professional qualifications.

Well FML I used charleston REC assuming they wouldn’t be busy and they have traditionally been pretty fast. Guess I learned a lesson there.