Crowley?

Reeks of desperation! Looks like they’re hard up to crew those Ocean class boats? Too bad of the bad rap that place has and the low pay for the 'field…and having such a sweet gig of my own! Always thought those looked like cool boats to run regardless.

http://flagshipjobs.hiringhook.com/JobSeeker/Detail.aspx?jid=01989965&utm_source=HiringHook&utm_medium=SocialMedia&utm_campaign=01989965

Through a friend of a friend I heard they are currently crewing all those boats with temp people for jobs, as they can’t get anyone to stay.

It used to be me not having a 500 ton license was holding me back, now its that I have a NC and not an oceans. I guess once I get oceans (soon) they will need everyone to have a U/L license. It seems like I have been trying to catch up forever.

I hope a certain east coast tug company with red painted boats is watching whats happening to Crowley and the fact that they cant crew their boats at their current pay scale.

Tell me about it! Get that 1,600 oceans nailed down and you’ll be good to go. Should be practical to do sooner rather than later once you get that next upgrade done.

[QUOTE=z-drive;124685]Tell me about it! Get that 1,600 oceans nailed down and you’ll be good to go. Should be practical to do sooner rather than later once you get that next upgrade done.[/QUOTE]

my 500 upgrades to a 1600 with just time. Im hoping to get celestial done before spring gets here. My more immediate goal is to get a job on a supply boat.

The low pay, SIU, SIU insurance, more paperwork then some oil companies, & some pain in the ass office people don’t help things.