Crewboat goes high & dry on Sabine Pass Jetties

Can you say FIRED?!?!

Sent from my iPad using gCaptain

I remember several similar events back in the early 90’s; Rockport, Aransas, Corpus, all had crewbaot:jetty interactions of a high-speed nature.

can you say…DOH!

Thats gonna leave a mark…

Yeah, that sucks. Imagine the explanation on section III of the renewal application…I was underway at 28 kts, when I caught a wave and landed on some rocks. Then I don’t know what happened.

Sent from my SeaPhone using gCaptain.

That should buff right out… the underwear, well, best to start off with a new set, those are probally done with.

Oh my. That looks like a brand new boat to!

[QUOTE=KennyW1983;63835]Oh my. That looks like a brand new boat to![/QUOTE]

Nah the Miss Pearl is an old Graham Boat, It’s near 20 years old now. Seacor keeps the outside of the boats in good shape.

And knowing Seacor, if the guys can spin enough bullshit he didn’t get fired he got a bigger boat probably with DP…

100ton crew boats are training vessels. Fail!

Someone might be making a career change.

Looks like a 100T Captain spot just opened up at Seacor!

I worked at Seacor years ago, & unless they’ve changed, he wont get fired, he’ll prolly get a raise & a new boat.

Stuff like this happens pretty regularly on OSVs. I’m very disappointed that the Coast Guards are not more agressive about getting these guys off the water. I know a lot of serious accidents go unreported in the Gulf though. This one obviously didn’t, but I know of several.

-dennis

[QUOTE=Capnklump;63854]I worked at Seacor years ago, & unless they’ve changed, he wont get fired, he’ll prolly get a raise & a new boat.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, my boss once explained why he didn’t fire a guy who hit a casing jacket (a “satalite”) at 23 knots. He said, if we fire him it will look like I think he screwed up. For real? wow! and then he pointed out, what are the chances he will do it again?

I don’t know, but that guy was eventually fired and now works at Secor. I wonder … hmmm :slight_smile:

-dennis