COPs "Fourchon" - Badboys Badboys

Has anyone ever been aboard a vessel were a 3rd party contractor was hauled off and arrested???
Yesterday, we did…Cops came in like an episode of COPs “Fourchon” Badboy Badboy
This guy had a warrent for 2 felonies…Got to be kidding me…Right???
What kind of back ground check, or requirments must a rigger or cook have???
As mariners, we have back ground checks and random pee pee tests…Do they???

guess what everybody.Office peeps are bringing dogs and a search guy to boat.
Hair samples dun yesterday and we found a drug like stuff in the rigger room.
the Captain is mad and scarred. i will be looking for a new job cause of this stuff.

You bring up an interesting point. I was talking to a dispatcher and he told me that they had a boat on a customs run and had been doing this customs run for a while. The guys on the boat had been using their TEIC cards for customs and nothing was said. Then one day when the boat came back in they had the Marshall’s, customs, CG ( I think he said), and Harbor Police waiting at the dock for the boat to return to arrest one guy. The dispatcher asked one of the cops why this is just now happening and told him that that guy has been on that boat. The cop told him because they were using his TWIC card it wasn’t showing up, but when he used his DL as an ID for the last run they saw that he had a few warrants for his arrest. Just goes to show how useless those over priced pieces of plastic really are.

Did the dispatcher work for Anadarko?

No it was for W&T. Had a similar situation with customs on my boat with a passenger at C-Port. Made him pull all his stuff out in front of everybody. What kind of flag he threw up for them to do that I have no idea. That was back when it was still Kerr McGee.

I watched the fourchon cops roll up in force and take a guy off the blue water chief one day.

Crew was crossing the street from dock to office and three unmarked cars screeched to a stop. A bunch of Men in Black types jumped out with guns drawn and threw every on up against the fence. They arrested one guy and drove off.

Turns out he had broke out of jail and was cooking on our boat. But this was in the '90’s. Back before we were all made safe by our new laws.

He was a decent cook. I don’t recall who got his new GPS but we split all his stuff up fairly.

None of you guys were ever in the Navy eh? Cops at the gangway with a warrant is an almost daily occurrence on any Navy base. Lol

[QUOTE=catherder;114982]None of you guys were ever in the Navy eh? Cops at the gangway with a warrant is an almost daily occurrence on any Navy base. Lol[/QUOTE]

Bovine feces.

You wish.

I don’t know where you were stationed but here in Norfolk it is not unusual for sailors to have warrants. Usually it’s stuff like traffic tickets but also things like domestic violence, theft or dope. When they lower recruiting standards in wartime you see more problem children show up.

They just busted a huge crime ring in San Diego. Marines and a Sailor. This one was a doozy.

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/marines-sailor-arrested-san-diego-sweep

A couple years back they busted a big marriage fraud ring on a Norfolk ship. Black Suburbans, plainclothes ICE and the whole nine. And you can bet your boots those Suburbans with the blackout tints were guess where…right at the gangway.

I never saw police at the gangway, but there were a few “courtesy” drop offs from the drunk tank. And true story, I once had to ‘sign’ for ‘custody’ of a Lieutenant Commander at my last navy job. Nothing serious and not alcohol related… I made a point to not learn his name and wished him the best.

I played brig chaser for awhile and we did have our share of the drunks but we had some crazy real life crime going on too, as I was saying it boggles the mind what some people think they can pull off.

We had a lovely case of insurance fraud on one of my usta boats where two guys conspired to fake their own deaths. Too bad the rubber raft they left on ended up at little creek. Caught! That was almost 30 years ago.

YEP…I am jobless cause they foiund weed in the riggers rooms in the walls and it was my job to clean they rooms…wtf…Guess my company needed them guys worst than me…Fourchon cops took them away with warrents for felonys. And Im the bad guy…whatever…I need a AB Unlimted job…Anyone have a good pay with insurance for family???

[QUOTE=LowAB70;115227]YEP…I am jobless cause they foiund weed in the riggers rooms in the walls and it was my job to clean they rooms…wtf…Guess my company needed them guys worst than me…Fourchon cops took them away with warrents for felonys. And Im the bad guy…whatever…I need a AB Unlimted job…Anyone have a good pay with insurance for family???[/QUOTE]

Did they piss test you also? What if any excuse did they give for letting you go? I ask these questions because of the Drugs found and how it could reflect on you with the Coast Guard.

Good Luck it sure sounds like you got the shitty end of the stick.

I think there’s probably more to this story than what we have been told.

Did you lawyer up??? That kind of accusation you shouldn’t deal with alone.