Cigars

Well you used to be able to give out free cigars at shop… If you were a broke new smoker and nice to me… I’d find something to sweeten your experience… House blends at shop are a great way to get high quality cigars for less $$… Just ask the shop who rolls it for them… Could be Arturo Fuente (L&B Cigars in Freehold, Nj area)

[QUOTE=catherder;189386]Thanks for all the links/sugg’s guys

I am too poor a late blooming third eng to afford a real cigar habit so one or two a fortnight will do just fine. Roger that cmakin, it’s hard not to inhale. I take a lot of care to savor the flavor and then I let it go. I used to inhale cigarettes deeply. Kinda miss that feeling- and that is a dangerous feeling to indulge. COPD and cancer are two things that are not worth it. I have no qualms about giving away the half dozen dominicans and travel humidor in my possession right now :)[/QUOTE]

Yeah. . the first time I quit cigs, it was for someone else (my ex). . . and it didn’t stick, quickly giving way to cigars. . . and then back to cigs. . this time, I have been butt free for 10 years and with no urge for any tobacco. . . and while I do appreciate what a fine cigar is, I just don’t indulge. Back when I did, I had a pretty easy access to Cubans as much of my work was out of the US. As state above some are good, some bad, like anything else. And although I have forgotten much about cigars, I do remember that there were some very fine Dominican that equaled the best of Cubans, but cannot remember brand or type. . .

About the only Cubans that are worth the money are in my opinion; montecristo Edmundo, Partagas Series D #4 and the H. Uppman Magnum

I’d take an Arturo Fuente Opus X (Dominican) over most Cubans… They run ($14- $50+)…

Since I don’t drink anymore, I enjoy my nightly cigar or two

[QUOTE=Skoidat69;189477]About the only Cubans that are worth the money are in my opinion; montecristo Edmundo, Partagas Series D #4 and the H. Uppman Magnum

I’d take an Arturo Fuente Opus X (Dominican) over most Cubans… They run ($14- $50+)…

Since I don’t drink anymore, I enjoy my nightly cigar or two[/QUOTE]

While I have put tobacco in my past, I do still imbibe, although not to the quantities of my past. . .and only really on the weekends. . . I have become a bore. . .

To quote The Who…" I hope I die before I get old"

Reminds me of poster; Supposedly if you quit smoking and drinking, you can extend your life expectancy up to 10 years.
But they are the worst 10 years.

gads, some of you guys say the most outrageous stuff! well, I have 3 boxes of the ‘finest’ from cuba and I’ve been meaning to take them to some smoke shop and ask some hi price for them but half afraid of the Gestapo. I quit smoking 10 Dec. 07 in Iraq! I’ll still stand down wind of someone puffing but I can’t even think of taking a drag. yea, sure miss smoking but I don’t know it’s the '‘worst’ 10 years". … that’s as funny as the crack about some guy getting a masters from suni or some such.